Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lets see a pic of your toys

now thats what I was talking about nice guns guy and Wills do you smelt your ww in the bucket of that thing
    My idea of gun control is a firm grip

Banned

im lazy you can find some pics of mine here http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/php...ic.php?t=76716

Quote Originally Posted by bisley45
    now thats what I was talking about nice guns guy and Wills do you smelt your ww in the bucket of that thing
    I never thought of that. That's the advantage to this place, a lot of good ideas around here.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy

A Smith .41 mag from the Performance Center. It's got a 6" barrel and factory porting. Sweet trigger and action but I haven't shot it yet. Traded the Ruger .41 Bisley Hunter in another thread for this.
    Last edited by doghawg; 05-02-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Boolit Mold

My toys

Well, I'm new here, so I'm going to give this a try. Hope I don't break any rules, and I apologize for the picture quality, I'm a "novice booliteer", not a photographer!

Hmm, not quite sure how to work the text out with the pic, so I'll just list them. We're all experts here and I'm sure you can figure out which one is which!

Magnum Research BFR in 45-70 and 450 Marlin (waiting for scope that it destroyed to come back from Simmons)
    Magnum Research Lone Eagle in 30-06 (With Simmons ProHunter 2-6x scope)
    Magnum Research Desert Eagle in 44 Magnum
    Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 Casull (Stainless with 2" barrel)
    Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum
    Ruger Blackhawk in 357 Magnum
    Ruger Single Six in 22 LR and 22 Magnum
    Taurus Model 450 in 45 Colt and Taurus 445 in 44 Special, both Titanium
    Taurus Model 58 in 38 Special
    Taurus PT-92 in 9mm and PT-100 in 40 S&W (both Stainless)
    Taurus PT-111
    KelTec P3-AT in 380 Auto
    HiPoint C9 in 9mm
    Colt Frontier Scout in 22 LR and 22 Magnum
    Crosman Tempest in (whatever caliber the rock is)

Hope I didn't miss anything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM001063.JPG   IM001066.JPG   IM001071.JPG   IM001075.JPG   IM001096.JPG  

IM001081.JPG   IM001084.JPG   IM001085.JPG   IM001094.JPG   IM001095.JPG  

Last edited by BFRmaster; 02-03-2006 at 08:48 PM.

hey doghawg that sure is a purty thing my dad had a 44 mag Performance Center nice guns what load do you run in the slingshot BFRmaster
    Last edited by bisley45; 02-03-2006 at 08:43 PM.
    My idea of gun control is a firm grip

Boolit Master
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Krag. I need to figure out how to post some pictures of my sharps, hiwalls, 44 1/2 and '86 50-110.

Rich

Boolit Bub

Latest toy

Greetings, Gentlemen,

Ran across this board, and recognized some familiar names. Wondered where they all went.

This is my latest addition to my collection of 19th century large caliber centerfire revolvers. It was made by Gilon of Liege, Belgium in the 1870's, and restored by me in 2005. Caliber is .600. I use 24 gage brass for the case. Lee Precision made the boolit mold. Casts a 457 gr. hollow base. Charged with 42.5 gr. of Goex fffg for a velocity of 680 fps, making it the most powerful 19th century revolver in my collection. I call it "Thumper".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compare small.jpg   Left Side  2.jpg  
    Last edited by RalphH; 02-09-2006 at 10:24 PM.
    Regards, Ralph.
    Boy, I love these old guns.....

Boolit Master
    you are freaking nuts! you do relize that don't you? well, what ever floats yer boat I guess. Heres my cast bullet toy; sorry, don't have pics yet of the S&W 19
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Buddy

RalphH

That is an interesting beast you've got there! Must sound like a thunderclap when you lite it off. What was the intent for that revolver? Hunting or defense? I'm sure it attracts a crowd at the range!

Randy

Boolit Bub
    Greetings, doghawg,

The .600's were made so that 130 years later people like me would have something to play with. Seriously, they were made during the period when Britain was doing their thing in countries like Afghanistan, India, etc. There were people known as dervishes who would leap out from the bushes and whack off a head or two. Not enough time to bring a rifle into play, so the revolver was the quickest defense.

The 450 revolver Britain was using at the time was too anemic to stop a dervish in his tracks. So the British started developing larger cartridges and revolvers to fill this need. The .476 and .455 were developed for the military. Other large calibers were made for private purchase. Britain made a few .577's. Of course anything that might sell was also copied by the gunmakers in Belgium.

It is my belief that the .600 was primarily for defense against human threats, but may have also been used as a howdah pistol against tigers in India. This particular revolver was shipped to Uraguay where it remained until recently. Judging from the holster wear present, I would think it was carried for a long time by a soldier or a police officer.

This is the best explanation I can give without consulting my reference books.
    I am at work right now, and must get back to it.
    Regards, Ralph.
    Boy, I love these old guns.....

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by RalphH
    There were people known as dervishes who would leap out from the bushes and whack off a head or two. Not enough time to bring a rifle into play, so the revolver was the quickest defense.

No doubt the dervish regretted his choice of pastimes as he looked at that 6/10" hole just prior to ignition! Thanks for your response. Interesting gun.

May I ask if there is a reliable source for those revolvers?
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Cast Hunter

This is my favorite cast bullet shooter. A .41 mag Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter topped with a 2X Leupold M8 scope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBHH3.jpg  

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range, 2010 44 magnum's Avatar

Cool My favs

Here are a few of my favs:

Paul
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    IHMSA MEMBER

WHy not?

Quote Originally Posted by 454PB
    Desert Eagle .44 magnum.....the only gun I own that won't shoot cast boolits!

Why not??

Clint
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master
    The D.E. is gas operated and has a polygonal barrel. The lead and lube plugs the gas passages. Polygonal barrels don't play well with cast boolits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 454PB
    The D.E. is gas operated and has a polygonal barrel. The lead and lube plugs the gas passages. Polygonal barrels don't play well with cast boolits.
    That's true about the gas system but baloney about Polgonal barrels don't play well with cast bullets.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by StarMetal
    That's true about the gas system but baloney about Polgonal barrels don't play well with cast bullets.

Joe
    My Glock 30 has a Polgonal barrel?

Clint
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned
    azcoyhunter,

No, your Glock has either an octagonal or hexagonal barrel depending on caliber. 45 and 10mm have the octa's and the rest have the hexa's....and they ARE different then HK's Polygonal.

Joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast