Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
ADvertise hereLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2

Tab Content
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    Today, 03:03 PM
    If Dixie Gun Works doesn't have the lock, you can try Track of the Wolf. They have full size pictures of many locks and parts in their catalog. Is the entire lock missing from your rifle, or do you just need some parts?
    9 replies | 364 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    Today, 01:51 PM
    After over a month with no interest, I am withdrawing the offer. I won't sell for less than I paid for the brass. Thanks for looking.
    3 replies | 272 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    12-04-2019, 04:11 PM
    I don't know if any others make replacement nipples for origina Remington revolvers, but Lodgewood has modern-made replacement nipples with correct thread size in stock. They also stock a modern-made cylinder for original revolvers. I have purchased...
    17 replies | 434 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    12-01-2019, 12:36 PM
    mazo kid replied to a thread PIF swap box in Pay It Forward
    That is how it is supposed to work...but not how it always does work. The last box I got (several years ago) contained a lot of unusable (literally) items. Even with the stuff I put in the box it to increase the value, it probably had limited...
    126 replies | 14960 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-30-2019, 01:07 PM
    Hmmm, lots of looks but no takers. Too much? I priced them at $2.00 more than Bertram Brass and just a few dollars more than I paid for this almost unobtanium brass. Price lowered to $70.00 per box and you pay shipping.
    3 replies | 272 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-28-2019, 11:19 AM
    mazo kid replied to a thread PIF swap box in Pay It Forward
    Yes, the concept is great! Unfortunately it devolves into recipients "cherry picking" the good stuff and replacing them with lesser items. Perhaps the last recipient decided it wasn't worth the cost of mailing to forward the box of mostly useless...
    126 replies | 14960 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-26-2019, 09:46 PM
    I have an original '58 that had battered nipples. I soaked the cylinder end in several kinds of penetrating oil, managed to ruin 3 nipple wrenches with not one loosening. I made a wrench from a socket; made it so it was a very tight fit over the...
    17 replies | 434 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-26-2019, 09:37 PM
    Ted, one way to eliminate the oil/WD40 result would be to put a bit of each in a small bottle or dish and see what happens. Other than that, I have no idea.
    24 replies | 1419 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-19-2019, 11:32 PM
    40-40-10 only makes 90%....what is the other 10 %?
    28 replies | 1422 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-19-2019, 10:54 PM
    In my opinion, your boolits are too small in diameter and too hard as well. The boolits should be .001-002" over bore diameter. 5744 was developed as a substitute for black powder in the old timers. Do a search for Paul Matthews, he has done...
    14 replies | 628 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-19-2019, 08:19 PM
    PM sent.
    3 replies | 440 view(s)
  • mazo kid's Avatar
    11-17-2019, 05:45 PM
    I just smoke the cavities on my three Rapine molds before first use. Never any problem.
    5 replies | 287 view(s)
No More Results
About mazo kid

Basic Information

Date of Birth
November 28
About mazo kid
Location:
Near Mazomanie, Wi.
Interests:
Rendezvous, shooting m/l and BPCR
Occupation:
Retired electrician

Signature


NRA Life
NMLRA Life
F&AM

Statistics


Total Posts
Total Posts
1,081
Posts Per Day
0.21
General Information
Last Activity
Today 03:04 PM
Join Date
08-26-2005
Referrals
0

2 Friends

  1. fishhawk fishhawk is offline

    Moderator Emeritus

    fishhawk
  2. number7tn number7tn is offline

    Boolit Buddy

    number7tn
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check