PDA

View Full Version : Bubba

Frank46
10-15-2006, 05:21 AM
This really happened on the way to the range saturday. Bubba had his 4 wheeler in his pickup and a huge cooler. He was also towing a trailer with a lotta wood and evidently his clothes. I say evidently as the wind going by was lifting them out of whatever he had them in and scattering them all over highway 90 near lafayette loosiana. Looked really funny to watch his clothing launch itself and fly away. Shot my new ruger MKIII today, now I know I definetely have to get the cataract in my right eye operated on. One minute its clear and next can't see nothing clearly. But weather was great and had a good day. Frank

Four Fingers of Death
10-15-2006, 06:35 AM
My Dad has had cataracts for many years and when he had his first op they left it as long as possible before going ahead, as apparently they only had a scouple of chances then, I believe that is not the case anymore and they can operate when they want wothout undue trauma. Good luck with it, I'll be seeing yer, (and no doubt, you will be seeing us as well!) mick.

walltube
10-15-2006, 02:18 PM
our family opthalmologist explained to me that cataract removal surgury is now done with lasers similar to a lasix vision correction proceedure. He also told me that he can sharpen my right eye's vision during the cataract removal so I'll not have that blurry iron sight issue that geezers (such as I & some of Ya'll out there ;-)) must deal with. In other words, less time squinting-more time shooting.

I look (pun intended) forward to the surgury come early 2007.

W'tube

Urny
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Walltube, my father, now 81, had that surgery done year before last and no longer wears glasses for anything but reading. The cataracts had gotten pretty bad before the surgery, and everything is great for him now, at least as his vision is concerned.

357tex
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Frank
I had a catarict taken off my right eye it is better than it's been since I was 35.No problem with iron sights now.Still need reading glasses for fine print.It was not bad at all.

walltube
10-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Walltube, my father, now 81, had that surgery done year before last and no longer wears glasses for anything but reading. The cataracts had gotten pretty bad before the surgery, and everything is great for him now, at least as his vision is concerned.

Urny,

Good for your Dad, Urny. Having an older beloved family member's quality of life improve even the tiniest bit is a fine & happy thing.

Did your Dad have both the vision correction and cataract removal surgury on both eyes in one operation?

W'tube

Frank46
10-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Well it looks like I'm in good company, either some of you had them done or are looking forward to having them done. My right eye is the worst so that will be the first. Tried shooting my ruger MKIII and that was an eye opener. Thanks for the info. Frank

Urny
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Walltube, yep, one procedure. It was the first time I had heard of this kind of correction through use of the lasic technique; it's done well by my dad.