PDA

View Full Version : What Luber sizer should I get?

grubbylabs
12-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I am getting closer to getting the things I need to get going, so what luber sizer should I get.

Can I use the Lee sizer dies that go into your regular press?

I want to be able to cast 230 grain LRN for my 45 and I want to be able to cast some hard 44's for my 44 mag and I plan on getting a .444 lever gun to go with it, So I guess I should also ask which molds should I get as well.

I think I am either going to get a Lyman or RCBS 230 grain mold for my 45 but I am not sure about the 44 yet.

I want to be able to push it pretty fast so I can use it for bear and moose.

94Doug
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
You may want to consider just how many boolits you will sizing/lubing when you make the call.

Doug

JesterGrin_1
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I have to agree with Doug as for how much shooting you will be doing to help with the Sizer.

But the Lee works fine they are cheap. But you will either have to use the Lee Type LLA or you can pan lube them or even put the lube on with your fingers. Do not laugh I have done this many times lol.

If you are not going to do a bunch of say one kind of pistol shooting then you can look for a used sizer of which even though they are old I would look at the old Lyman 45. If you are looking for new I would say to go with an RCBS sizer mainly because of there warranty is the best.

If you do a bunch of pistol shooting then a Star sizer would be the way to go. You can do a search on this forum on all this nutty stuff lol.

As for a mold for the .44 and .444 and you mention critters that have teeth lol. I would highly get the Lee 310Gr RNFP/GC it is a cheap mold and one heck of a shooter in either the .44 or .444. :)

grubbylabs
12-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I would like to cast more boolits than most normal people would ever use in a life time for my 45, the 44's on the other hand, just slightly less than that.:holysheep I don't think I am paranoid I just think they are out to get me:Fire:

mooman76
12-04-2010, 10:40 PM
If you plan on shooting allot I'd go with a Star. Push threw sizer for speed. I little more pricy though.