PDA

View Full Version : Breech plug & barrel assembly????

MaxJon
12-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Hi all,
considering a .45cal inline rifle project, any one know if there is such a thing as a barrel and breech plug/nipple assembly/kit that can be puchased??? I have an action that i think would be perfect and very easy to build if i could purchase these two parts. It would only be used for paper punching fun from a bench shooting cast conical bullets etc....:idea::idea::idea::idea:

elk hunter
12-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I've never seen a kit of any kind for an inline ML. That doesn't mean someone doesn't make one. It would be a simple job to make and fit an inline breech plug to a barrel. Check with your local gunsmith or machine shop they should be able to do that without too much trouble.

MaxJon
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I've never seen a kit of any kind for an inline ML. That doesn't mean someone doesn't make one. It would be a simple job to make and fit an inline breech plug to a barrel. Check with your local gunsmith or machine shop they should be able to do that without too much trouble.

I am a machinist myself with access to the latest and greatest CNC lathes etc....
I will do all the machining myself with guidance from someone who knows more about muzzleloading than i do. The only thing i am concerned about is the amount of material between the breech plug thread and the action thread is of adequate strength. I will need to confirm both threads plug and action before doing anything i think.
BB03

wgr
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
i have 3 that were made out of shotgun actions. with a breech plug made to shoot 209 primers