View Full Version : prayers for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion 5th Marines

45nut
12-02-2010, 01:38 AM
We are asking everyone to say a prayer for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion 5th
Marines and their families. They are fighting it out in Afghanistan & they
have lost 9 marines in 4 days. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE the message spread
if more could past it on.

Semper Fi, God Bless America and

God Bless the United States Marine Corps...

Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever

Claire FitzGerald, Chaplain

Marine Corps League, Dept. of Washington

waksupi
12-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Ken, I believe this action took place about four months ago, but a prayer is never wasted!

Another that could be given, a Montana State Trooper was shot and killed during a traffic stop today. Late word is, the shooter is now also dead, after a widespread man hunt.

oldhickory
12-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Ken, 3/5 is always in my thoughts and prayers, it was my outfit in 1969-1970. While the names and faces may change, 3/5 will always be "home".

God Bless you fellows. "Get Some!" (3/5 motto)

oldhickory
12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Ken, I believe this action took place about four months ago, but a prayer is never wasted!

Another that could be given, a Montana State Trooper was shot and killed during a traffic stop today. Late word is, the shooter is now also dead, after a widespread man hunt.

For the family and friends this man leaves behind...God Bless!

1Shirt
12-02-2010, 10:17 AM
May God bless all Marines in action! Semper Fi!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

mtnman31
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
The Marines lost 12 total in the month of November of that, 3/5 lost six Marines including Lt Kelly, son of General Kelly. It has been a tough fight in the Helmand Province but the Marines are up to the task the same way we were when asked to take Fallujah, Iwo Jima, Belleau Woods and other tough fights from our past history.

Stay strong and keep kicking butt!

For a sobering look at the cost of the wars:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/war.casualties/index.html

3/5 Casualties from November

11-04-2010 US Pearson, Brandon W. Lance Corporal 21 Hostile - hostile fire - small arms fire Helmand Sangin U.S. Marine Colorado Arvada 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

11-04-2010 US Broehm, Matthew J. Lance Corporal 22 Hostile - hostile fire - small arms fire Helmand Sangin U.S. Marine Arizona Flagstaff 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

11-06-2010 US Braggs, Randy R. Lance Corporal 21 Hostile - hostile fire Helmand Helmand U.S. Marine Arizona Sierra Vista 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

11-09-2010 US Kelly, Robert M. 2nd Lieutenant 29 Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack Helmand Helmand U.S. Marine Florida Tallahassee 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

11-10-2010 US Stack, James B. Lance Corporal 20 Hostile - hostile fire Helmand Helmand U.S. Marine Illinois Arlington Heights 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

11-25-2010 US Donnelly IV, William J. 1st Lieutenant 27 Hostile - hostile fire Helmand Helmand U.S. Marine Mississippi Picayune 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force

Geraldo
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
The Marines lost 12 total in the month of November of that, 3/5 lost six Marines including Lt Kelly, son of General Kelly. It has been a tough fight in the Helmand Province but the Marines are up to the task the same way we were when asked to take Fallujah, Iwo Jima, Belleau Woods and other tough fights from our past history.

Helmand has been bad since the beginning of the year. A friend's son was with 3/6 and got wounded in there in the summer. Of his original fire team 3 were WIA, 1 KIA. Keep all the Marines in your prayers, particularly those who came home wounded or disabled.

cajun shooter
12-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I put my son into the Marine Corp during the time of Beirut and my other one went into the Army. I served with the 4TH ID 65-67. When you start a prayer please include all of our fighting men as they are all serving and dying together. And as a former Police Officer I'm very saddened to hear of the troopers death. I lost 2 riding partners while being a cop and a total of 7 friends. I was watching a Army unit being filmed at the LZ they had set up when one of them was KIA on patrol. One of his pards said that he was unable to get over it. I thought to myself about how much time you process that and it never goes away. A prayer goes out for all those who stand up every day in harm's way so that we may remain a free country both from afar and with in.

Lively Boy
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM
can NEVER thank our service people enough! my prayers and heart go with them.
THANK YOU!

oldhickory
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
28 April, 1970. I remember the radio reported that 27 April had been the first day of that year that there were no Marine casuilties in Viet-Nam. I had little less than 6 months to go...Figured that just upped my chances of getting zapped.

walltube
12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
from Picayune, Pearl River County, MS:

http://picayuneitem.com/local/x713541612/Donnelly-funeral-is-Dec-14-at-Arlington-National-Cemetery