PDA

View Full Version : You never know...

pearson1662
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I wanted to give a public "Thank you!" to "fourarmed" for a suggestion he made on this forum over four years ago to another caster to use a vise to reduce the protrusion of the alignment pins. I had been attempting to seat the pins deeper using a brass rod and hammer and was getting nowhere, so I did a search for "alignment pins" and his was the last post in the thread. I had never seen it recommended before.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...alignment+pins

It worked like a charm.

You never know when you post when or who will be enlightnened by your experience.

Thanks again, fourarmed!

Jay

geargnasher
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I recommended it recently too in the mould forum, but Kudos to you for using the search feature, many questions here have been answered in the past, and often by members that no longer contribute, so you can get suggestions from the archives that you might not get posting questions anew. But if you don't find what you're looking for, please ask!

Gear

xr650
12-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I think a bench vise is the most overlooked "press" in the shop.
So many uses and handy.
I also use mine to adjust alignment pins.

Papa Jack
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I think a bench vise is the most overlooked "press" in the shop.
So many uses and handy.
I also use mine to adjust alignment pins.

How true that is......I use my little bench vice to press in the front sight on my mod 94, worked great, lots better than pounding on the dovetail with a whammer and a punch !
Lots of force in a screw...."PJ"