PDA

View Full Version : Success, after 3 attempts.

AJ Peacock
11-27-2010, 05:09 PM
There is a project that I've been putting off for a couple months, I've been waiting until I had my work area nice and organized/cleaned off.

So after 3 attempts, I got my entire reloading/project area organized and cleaned up.

Now I can't remember what the project was!

AJ

Bambeno
11-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Whatever it was I am sure it involves getting everything clutted again, atleast thats how mine are ;)

dnepr
11-27-2010, 06:43 PM
There is a project that I've been putting off for a couple months, I've been waiting until I had my work area nice and organized/cleaned off.

So after 3 attempts, I got my entire reloading/project area organized and cleaned up.

Now I can't remember what the project was!

AJ

at least I am not the only one who does that[smilie=s:

runfiverun
11-27-2010, 07:54 PM
yo was supposed to be boxing all that stuff up and sending it to me,,, iirc......:lol:

casey
11-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I did mine as well. There is a bench and a floor in there!!

NHlever
11-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I guess that many of us have 15# of stuff in a five pound box. It sure is that way with me. I've used boolit casting as a bit of therapy in the past few years, and now only have trouble finding what I need at the moment. I did get a bunch more lubed, and sized yesterday, and am working out a system of storing them that will last about two days probably. It makes me laugh after all these years that I can finally afford bullet molds, guns, etc., and now I can't see the sights, or find room to put the stuff. Fun problems though, and it sure makes me smile more than selling a gun to make a mortgage payment!

btroj
11-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Organized? If I did that I would never find anything!
My biggest problem is having so many containers with lubeb or unlined boolits in them. So many of these do not stack well.
I also have a tendency to cast large number of a certain boolit the spend the next 5 years tripping over them.
In the end, I just ignore it and move on. Life is too short to sweat the mess.

Brad

mdi
11-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Reloading/gunsmithing benches are like tackle boxes and tool boxes; the items on the bench will expand/multiply to take up all available space. Scientific fact...

Charlie Two Tracks
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
mdi-------- You hit the nail on the head! I always wondered why that happened. If I leave one thing out of place, in a matter of minutes, everything is a mess.

jr545
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
What is this "clean and organized" you speak of?
I think I read about it once before leaving the article on my reloading bench....it's probably still there...somewhere?

BudRow
11-28-2010, 02:06 PM
When I built my garage I put up drywall. There was an echo in there with nothing else in it. Now I have to tip-toe, duck and zig-zag to all points interest. If there is something I've saved for 20 years and I threw it out last week - chances are I would have a use for it tomorrow. Stuff happens. Best Wishes, Bud

casterofboolits
11-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I think I read about it once before leaving the article on my reloading bench....it's probably still there...somewhere?

Ain't that the truth! [smilie=l:

I've been trying to clean up, organize, and inventory for the last month or so trying to thin out the herd a bit. Feeling my mortality and trying to make it easier for the wife, just in case.:violin:

Found a bunch of Lee and a couple NEI moulds I haven't used since the mid 80's, a small IPSC range bag that fell between a couple benches with about a dozen seven round 1911 mags. I had bought s couple dozen eight rounders, so they were never missed.

I'm one of those idjits that never cl;eans up after a project, so there are cans and bags of assorted brass and misc items covering the surfaces of four benches totaling twenty feet and three six foot tall metal shelf units with five shelves each! :groner:

Muddy Creek Sam
11-28-2010, 08:46 PM
AJ,

CRS ain't no fun.

Sam :D

Von Gruff
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Von Gruff.

mdi
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
AJ,

CRS ain't no fun.

Sam :D

Hey Sam, can't remember what CRS means...:confused:

montana_charlie
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
If there is something I've saved for 20 years and I threw it out last week - chances are I would have a use for it tomorrow.
We haul our trash to the dump, and that happens about every three months.
So, I have a two-stage system for throwing away stuff.

After I've had it for years...never used and tired of seeing it...I toss it in one of two galvanized trash cans.
If it's still in the can when I'm loading for the next dump run, it goes.

CM

ghh3rd
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
If there is something I have saved for 20 years and I threw it out last week - chances are I would have a use for it tomorrow.

Happens to me all of the time... especially lately since I am determined to dig out from under stuff that I have hung on to for over 30 years without using. You know, wires for this and that, old vacuum hose attachments, half used fluorescent bulbs, grimy old fish tackle boxes, etc, etc.

1Shirt
12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
They say that the second thing to go is memory!:killingpc
1Shirt!:coffee:

whisler
12-01-2010, 11:13 PM
....and I can't remember what the first one is.

Echo
12-02-2010, 01:12 AM
....and I can't remember what the first one is.

Yeah, but she can...

timkelley
12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
She can't remember her stuff but I gurantee she remembers mine.