PDA

View Full Version : western bullet company

30hrrtt
11-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Anybody have any current feedback on the Western Bullet Company?

358wcf
11-27-2010, 12:04 PM
My most recent dealing with these folks was earlier this year, perhaps Jan-Feb-
Ordered a bunch of 358 swc and some 38cal for the 38-55, as my molds had not yet come in-
Great pricing, quick shipping- I was satisfied. On a quality note, they could be a bit better, as there were a few flaws on the 38cals, but overall, OK.
I will consider using them again if I have to have boolits RIGHT NOW!

Good luck-

358wcf [smilie=1:[smilie=1:[smilie=1:

Guesser
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm headed over that way on Dec. 3rd, I planned to stop and see what he has in stock. I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

MT Gianni
11-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Jon used to have a renter cast for him in exchange for rent. Great guy, IMO, honest and he has a ton of contacts.

odoh
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Not having experience w/them, did a quick google and others are asking the same questions. Some unhappy comments too ~ you'll need to read for yourself and decide.

Guesser
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm most often in Missoula on sunday and monday, but this time I'm going over friday for the gunshow in Hamilton and to visit relatives. I'm planning on stopping in friday afternoon. He is never open on monday.

ghh3rd
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Guesser - I used to live in Knob Noster MO, not too far from you. Does the clay still stick to your shoes and make you 6" taller? :)

Guesser
12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I have never set foot in Missouri so I can't tell you about Missouri mud; but here in Montana it is like grease. 10 seconds of high humidity and its so slick you can't back "down" a hill, you're just stuck; until the humidity drops back to 9% like it is most of the time.

felix
12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Not likely to find vertisol clay (gumbo) on any kind of hill, unless at the level where a river deposited the "mud". We are talking a minimum of 2000 particles per inch. Most digital photos are taken at 300 dots per inch in our affordable cameras. ... felix

Guesser
12-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Huh??????????

felix
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Have you ever polished two pieces of steel each having an almost perfect flat on each? Have you ever put the flat sides together and then try to pull them apart, using a straight up and down motion? I bet you had to slide them for them to easily seperate. If you have never done this, or have never seen it done, then I cannot possibly help you in your understanding. Sorry, your guessing does not help you in this instance. ... felix

Guesser
12-03-2010, 12:13 AM
I've done it with bearing surfaces and glass plates,
but I've still never set foot in Missouri.

Guesser
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I was in Jon's shop (Western Bullet Co.) on Kensington in Missoula early Friday after noon, Dec. 3rd.
He is well stocked and in production and will take orders anytime day or night, but only by "EMAIL".
He always disliked telephones anyway.
EMAIL him and you will get a response.
I picked up a few boxes for my personal use in cartridges I haven't got a mold for yet. As always, good product and good prices.

dicko
12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Have you ever polished two pieces of steel each having an almost perfect flat on each? Have you ever put the flat sides together and then try to pull them apart, using a straight up and down motion? I bet you had to slide them for them to easily seperate. If you have never done this, or have never seen it done, then I cannot possibly help you in your understanding. Sorry, your guessing does not help you in this instance. ... felix

Yeah, that's how gauge bocks work. You "wring" them together, but when you want to separate them, they have to be slid apart, and even then it takes a bit of force.

JIMinPHX
12-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, that's how gauge bocks work. You "wring" them together, but when you want to separate them, they have to be slid apart, and even then it takes a bit of force.

I find that twisting them 90 degrees makes them a lot easier to get apart.

Tellico
06-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Just stumbled onto this thread. You people go off topic much??

Guesser
06-26-2014, 02:29 PM
There was a topic????

waksupi
06-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Just stumbled onto this thread. You people go off topic much??

Actually, it is a fine and honored tradition on this board. It is amazing what you can learn when a thread drifts.

maxreloader
02-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Yes it is amazing what you learn AFTER you pay somebody for a product and then have to wait your A$$ off for it. kinda bull$hit in my opinion but it is what it is. No heads-up and zero customer service/skills = kiss of death in business... i paid a few months ago and even for Priority shipping (lol)... and not a peep. Just disappointed. I ordered to save time, not to waste it.

Leadmelter
02-09-2017, 09:11 PM
I bought some 45/70 collar boolits from him. He was out so he made a run that weekend and I had them in five days.
Have not shoot them yet but they look good.
Leadmelter
MI

Old colt
02-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Huh??????????
Clay particles are the smallest part of soils. Most digital pictures are made of points roughly 300 per inch as a size reference

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk