PDA

View Full Version : man, am i sick!

XWrench3
11-24-2010, 09:21 PM
i was out deer hunting this morning. i wasn't seeing anything, so i went for a walk, to see if i could maybe spook something out of the thick stuff. i ended up on this 2 track where people shoot. i found a small bunch of brass, and i immediatly went into "scavenger mode". i forgot all about hunting, at least as long as i was finding brass. i never did see any deer, but at least i came home with something. to bad i couldn't find any of the boolits they were shooting. and, yes, i did look! :redneck:

x101airborne
11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
well, i guess its a day for finds.... I hunted this morning and did not get a deer, but found an indian arrow head. On the way out, i met a neighbor who was hunting with a 375 winny. I had never shot one before and he said go wild. Bout 3 rounds was all I wanted. Got a doe this evening. Really good day......

Dennis Eugene
11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like ya both had winning days. Dennis

markinalpine
11-24-2010, 10:00 PM
They're in the nearest town eating your neighbors bushes, shrubs, and knocking down the bird feeders to get at the seed! :Fire:
Mark :coffeecom

frkelly74
11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
They're in the nearest town eating your neighbors bushes, shrubs, and knocking down the bird feeders to get at the seed! :Fire:
Mark :coffeecom

Or else standing on the right of way by the road watching cars going by, trying to pick out which one to run in front of.

Hardcast416taylor
11-25-2010, 01:10 PM
A neighbor stopped by last night to show me the 3 x 4 buck his 14 yr. old son just took. Nice buck. The bad news was it still had the broadhead arrow imbedded in it and was turning bad. I told them it was a mercy killing. The DNR will be contacted Fri. about what happened with the hope of a replacement license for the boy.Robert

Blammer
11-25-2010, 04:53 PM
all I get to do is stay home and eat turkey.. :( would rather be out hunting.

but tomorrow the kids have off of school and my wife is working, so we may go squirrel hunting then. :)

BOOM BOOM
11-25-2010, 05:06 PM
HI,
When I go out hunting or scouting , I always check the ground for tracks & brass.
found an old 38-56 case once, neat, but too gone to reload.
Not sick just practical.

firefly1957
11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Been there and done that it is amazing what you find while hunting sometimes frighting also.
Same goes while fishing.

geargnasher
11-26-2010, 01:05 AM
One of Petzal's "23 rules for the gun nut code" is that 1F brass and hulls on the ground isn't litter, it's found money. I agree.

Gear

fourdollarbill
11-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Them Deer are getting smart. I wonder were they got the human bait to spread all over the ground like that?

bigjake
11-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Been there and done that it is amazing what you find while hunting sometimes frighting also.
Same goes while fishing.

Boy, aint that the truth. one of my friends was out deer scouting before season, and found a murdered woman out in the woods, she was about 1/3 eaten by our forest friends.

I saw a terrible thing at a quarry one time attemting to fish one day years ago also, too gorry to describe though.

dubber123
11-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Boy, aint that the truth. one of my friends was out deer scouting before season, and found a murdered woman out in the woods, she was about 1/3 eaten by our forest friends.

I saw a terrible thing at a quarry one time attemting to fish one day years ago also, too gorry to describe though.

Now you HAVE to tell us... :roll:

firefly1957
11-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Bigjake
No, thanks for not telling ,I know what you mean. It is bad enough trolling along and seeing a used rubber in the lake. Bodies and parts just remind me of things I do not want to remember.

Jal5
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Went bow hunting at our club a couple of weeks ago. didn't get a deer in that early morning hunt, but before I left I checked the range and came home with a coffee can almost full of range scrap! 8-)

mpmarty
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Where'd you find the coffee can?

Papa Jack
11-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I am an un successful hunter myself.....One elk in 28 years...But I like to go for those walks in the woods. I have found Brass by the hat full, axe heads, shovels from forest fire fighters, old Falling Wedges from the 20's and 30's... I should just leave the rifle in the truck and take my metal detector ! Lots of history out there....can't EAT history, but it's fun to look for it....
Good luck next time !!...... "PJ"

Jal5
11-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Always be prepared...coffee can was in the truck from last time I went berm mining
:cbpour:

cobroller
11-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Tuesday I found a badly rusted 30-30 shell in the dirt. Had to strip the brass with plyers to get the jacketed bullet out for the recovered lead bucket. But then I still pick up pennies.

9.3X62AL
11-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Brass piles found while hunting--esp. deer hunting--dismiss all accusations of eating track soup from further consideration.

Though I made a living being a corpse cop, I have been lucky enough to not find any while hunting or fishing. So far, at least.

kbstenberg
11-28-2010, 09:17 AM
It's always been one of my fears to be reeling in some weeds an a body appears.
Father-in Law was winter spearing for northerns. An had a body float through under him. Just the thought of it made me stop spearing.
Kevin

Jal5
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I must confess this sickness struck me again today.

Before zeroing in my slug gun for the season opener tomorrow, I was the only one at the range so....45 mins. and a full coffee can of range scrap later, I zeroed in the slug gun.

I like free lead!

Joe;)

dakotashooter2
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I do have to shake my head though when I find a pile of 5 or 6 cases in the middle of the road..... 1 because they are on the road 2 because obviously someone needs some more range time.:groner:

firefly1957
11-30-2010, 12:07 PM
This thread has given me more bad memories than good one's.:groner: