PDA

View Full Version : Indoor "hunting"

BruceB
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Sitting at work on Saturday night, I got a call from my wife: "Where can I find some of our match airgun pellets?" I happen to have a few thousand RWS "Meisterkugeln" pellets -the kind that come individually packed in boxes of 100- so I told her where to look.

Couple hours later, comes another call: "GOT HIM!" It seems like a few mice have invaded the domicile, either brave or suicidal ones on account of the large feline population both inside and outside the hacienda. One of these intrepid little guys made the serious mistake of posing for a second or two on a counter-top, while my wife was sitting sentry with a Feinwerkbau air pistol twenty feet away. "WHACK!" Mouse finito.

The really interesting thing about this is that, not only did the pellet completely penetrate the mouse, but my wife found the .177 pellet afterwards and it had actually expanded to over .22 caliber! These are just the normal flat-faced design intended for super-accurate paper-cutting, but in this case, it was about like a person getting hit with a non-explosive 105mm shell.

In a less-violent method of extermination, we also found some "gel pads", about 4"x6" which are the mouse equivalent of quicksand.....two steps on the pad and they are STUCK, big time.

KCSO
10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I've used wax bullets for this purpose before. Once my brother and I had a building filled with bats so we packed revolvers with wax loads for about a week and cleaned tham out. I know in England these air rifles are about all anyone can hut with and they use them for rabbits and squirrels all the time.

Bigjohn
10-12-2006, 08:25 PM
BruceB;

Lets see now, what is missing from this thread.

Ah! Yes, the photo's of the hunter and trophy, details of load used (Cast boolits, I hope).

Description of shot (distance, quartering shot etc?)

Weight gutted.

And are we having the trophy stuffed?

:kidding:

John

kodiak1
10-12-2006, 09:46 PM
YES PICTURES are a must. At least the name of the taxidermist that is doing the mount.
Secondly Bruce don't ever PO your Mrs's she will shoot you like that poor little mouse.
Ken .