PDA

View Full Version : Graf having problems?????

abunaitoo
11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Just got an order form Graf today.
Missing a die set.
Web site shows one in stock.
My account page shows it being shipped.
Email I got shows it being shipped.
Invoice noted "out of stock. Pleses reorder"
(At least they said please)
Their web page was also down a few times in the past month.

Anyone know if they having problems?????

Sent then a email to find out what happened.
Will post when/if I get an answer.

azcruiser
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
That pretty common in mail order / web ordering . Most of the time's it's simply their count was off. Computers says it their guy goes to pull the part and it's not . I wouldn't worry Graf's a solid
company

jmsj
11-22-2010, 07:55 PM
abunaitoo,
Had a lot of similar problems w/ Grafs back in 1999. The last straw was when I ordered 500 180gr 358 cal. bullets and they sent me 500 350gr 458 cal bullets. They showed the 358's on the order but they wanted me to pay the shipping to return the .458 cal. bullets.
That was the last time I have ordered from them. jmsj

abunaitoo
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Just got a email from them.
Kim.
They said it was their error and will be sending it out tomorrow.
No charge for shipping and even gave me a $2.00 discount on the die.
I'm satisfied.
"Even monkeys fall out of trees"

C1PNR
11-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Graf and sons is one of my very favorite vendors. I've only had one issue and that was an order that was broken open when I received the package.

I emailed them about the broken package, they emailed back "what's missing." I checked and found a couple of items on the invoice that were not in the package, part of that being some brass out of a bag of 100, and emailed them back.

A few days later I got another package with all of the missing stuff, including a Full package of the brass. I ended up with more than I paid for, but I've been a very satisfied customer ever since.

I think they are "good people" to deal with.

Buckshot
11-24-2010, 02:53 AM
............One time I called in an order and got Jerry, or Gerry Graf on the phone. I suppose they were short help on the phones, so I placed my order. My order arrives and something was worng with the order. It's been some time since it happened and I don't recall if the wrong item was shipped or what. I called CS and gave'm all my info, and said it was sure a shame because one of the Graf 's had taken my order. The CS guy laughed and said, "You just can't get good help these days". :-)

...............Buckshot

1Shirt
11-24-2010, 09:32 AM
GRAF is one of my favorites, never had a problem!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

smokemjoe
11-24-2010, 10:08 AM
I picked up a order 2 years, Had me billed over $300.00 to much and hard time finding out why, Have been down there 2 more times and always out of stock.

truckmsl
11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
For what it's worth, Graf's has always been top notch with me.

cajun shooter
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
If you do a search on this forum you will find a post by me about Graf's. It took place maybe two years ago. I had ordered 14 cans of 2F BP. It never showed up. I called two or three times and sent e-mails. One of the Graf owners called me himself one evening. He said he was very sorry about my order and that Graf's would overnight me my powder order. I said well while I have you on the line I had another problem while ordering. I advised him that the employee would not let me add another can of powder after the order had been placed. He advised no problem and that it would be taken care of. Well I was very happy that after a three week wait on powder it was finally going to be here. The next morning a Fed-Ex truck brought me the package of powder. I said to myself that he could not have done that at that speed.I looked at the box and it was my first order from three weeks previous. I asked the Fed-Ex man where it had been and he had no answer. I went to the phone and called Graf's and my second order had shipped at no charge. That included the the air fare, Hazmat, and all other charges plus I had my extra powder included. Graf's also called me later that evening to make sure that I was happy with the service. I will alsways be a Graf's customer. If you have a problem and ask to speak to one of them I 'm sure that it will be taken care of. They are the best!!!

abunaitoo
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I got the dies set today.
Priority mail.
If all business were like Graf, the country wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.
We'd also have a prez we could all be proud of.
And NO, he was not born here.

Lee
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Been there , done that. Grafs is OK

DCP
11-27-2010, 01:08 PM
GS doesn't update until the 1st of the week. Its not automatic

So

Lets says SUN, it says low stock or 1 left

You order it.

But what you don't know is 3 people went in on Sat and ordered.

Its not in stock.

watkibe
11-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Graf's has recently revamped their website, a great improvement, I think. Some glitches in online ordering and shipping do not surprise me. Their selection has gotten much better recently, and with their $4.95 service/shipping charge, they are getting to be the first place I look when I need reloading stuff these days. Service has always been perfect, on time, and order correct.
Only negative is that recently they have instituted a $25 minimum order. Not that I have no idea what else to order to make the minimum...
There's something uniquely American about ordering from a reloading company owned by someone named "Marge" !