PDA

View Full Version : Custom Lyman Lube Sizer

thehouseproduct
11-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Is there anyone on here who makes custom Lyman/RCBS lube sizing dies? I want a 0.358" with one row of lube holes.

thehouseproduct
11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Scratch that. Just saw the RCBS die on midway. Can anyone confirm that the 0.358" die only has one row of holes? I'm trying to lube bevel base boolits.

fryboy
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
every rcbs die i have has one row of holes , they also have a internal ring cut where the holes are while a nice concept that last part makes it a pita to thoroughly clean the die when switching lubes , i believe babore makes sizing dies ( think thaz the right guy ) in just about any configuration one wants to pay for ( from my understanding he's decently priced as well )

HORNET
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Try a P.M. to Buckshot. I've got a couple that he made. Reasonable prices, good delivery, and they actually measure what they should.

EDK
11-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Buckshot or Lathesmith do good work. Lathesmith made a couple for my STAR and I recommend him unconditionally....tell him what you want and send yankee dollars....quick turn-around also.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

PacMan
11-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Even with one row of lube holes you will still get lube on the bevel base. Lyman,RCBS and Saeco lubersizers will all lube the base on a bevel base bullet.
Dwight

oneokie
11-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Buckshot can make an ejector pin for the sizer die that is cupped to nearly match the base of the boolit. Sure reduces the amount of lube on the bevel.

thehouseproduct
11-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Even with one row of lube holes you will still get lube on the bevel base. Lyman,RCBS and Saeco lubersizers will all lube the base on a bevel base bullet.
Dwight

I think the trick is to let off the pressure on the upstroke to prevent it.

PacMan
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I guess that will work but i doubt if it will completely sole the problem. Besides you are going to be a long time sizing many bullets i would think.
ONEOKIE has the best solution.
Dwight

fryboy
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
some folks use a gasket made from thin styrofoam to help alleviate the lube on the base of the boolit ( think meat tray or egg carton and a empty per caliber case to punch it out ) they do wear out but also seem to help , i've developed the habit of having a paper towel on my leg and always wipingthe base of the boolit off ( even when they dont need it ..did i mention it was now a habit lolz ) i've heard much the same about a inverted gas check but havent tried that yet

thehouseproduct
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess that will work but i doubt if it will completely sole the problem. Besides you are going to be a long time sizing many bullets i would think.
ONEOKIE has the best solution.
Dwight

Buckshot explained that even though he has made those punches, they don't seal 100%.