PDA

View Full Version : Jeff in NZ Also in "Fouling Shot"

NVcurmudgeon
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Am I the only board member who is still in the CBA? I received the latest "Fouling Shot" today and was delighted to see an article by our own Jeff in NZ concerning his .303 Pygmy. The article is very entertaining, technically detailed, and has a bonus of an interesting hunting story. That is a nicely sporterized SMLE, Jeff, and chambered for an intriguing cartridge. Sadly, "Fouling Shot" is a B&W publication so doesn't do full justice to Jeff's hunting clothes.

P.S. If you don't receive the publication, PM me a mailing address and I'll gladly send mine.

alamogunr
11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Hopefully my copy will show up in the next few days. I usually don't get it until toward the end of the month of publication.

John
W.TN

JeffinNZ
11-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Well dang it! I thought they had lost that piece. I sent it over a year ago. Still, post is slow from down here in the southern part of the world......

.30/30 Guy
11-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I got my copy a couple of days ago. Great article! 4 pages long. Don't see very many that long.
Jeff's daughter still makes a better picture.

Beekeeper
11-21-2010, 11:09 AM
It's OK Jeff, the article is in B&W so no one saw the purple longjohns.
Was a great article tho.
I enjoy reading the Fouling Shot and yours was one of the better articles.

Jim

1Shirt
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
An excellent article Jeff! Don't think I want to rush right out and have a 303 Pigmy made, but do think it would be a lot of fun. Rifle looks like a great piece of work.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Buckshot
11-21-2010, 11:51 PM
...............Yup I saw it day before yesterday and forgot to post about it. A very nicely detailed report about an older 303 Wildcat, cast boolits and it's all wrapped up in a neatly detailed hunting story with even a couple dramatic moments. Right there at the end was a nifty picture of ole Jeff. And as mentioned it was in black and white. Those who haven't seen it in color are the poorer:shock:

..................Buckshot

Echo
11-22-2010, 02:33 AM
+1 for the good effort, Jeff. Very professional, and entertaining. You get a big

Way To Go!

JeffinNZ
11-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't got my FS yet but look forward to it each issue. I just shot my CBA postal running deer and posted it today.

I feel it only fair to tell you I write for NZ Guns and Hunting as "The Cast Bullet Kid" and this is a reproduction on my article. It was not a dedicated effort for the CBA but I am glad to contribute.

HORNET
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Mountain Mice? Sheesh....

scrapcan
11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I also got to read it this weekend. It was dejavu as I think we got the preview here on the forum. Was just as interesting the second time around.

Great article and was glad to see it in print.

Jeff,

How are the miners and their families? Any progress for them?

Bigjohn
11-23-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm starting to think that Jeff's Family Colour of choice is p....urple. If you note the avatar picture of his daugther..........:coffee:

Or did the top to his longjohns get shrunk in the wash?

I subscribe to the magazine Jeff writes for and it gets posted over every couple of months. His articles have always been detailed and informative. Keep up the good work, Jeff

Frank46
11-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Just got the latest issue of the "Fouling Shot". Saw Jeff's 303 pigmy article. Very interesting. Way to go Jeff. Frank

DIRT Farmer
11-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I guess my subscription ran out, went to the web siteto renew but did not find a direct route and no phone number. I hate it when it is hard to join.

BerdanIII
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Best article in months. Got any more?????

swheeler
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Good article, a hoot readin' bout The Cast Bullet Kid and his smelly pigmy huntin' down those pesky mountain mice! Kudos Jeff.