PDA

View Full Version : I'm Naughty, Hooked Another One

JohnH
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM
A young couple is staying with us for the next week as they get their feet on the ground (Katrina's wake has lasted far longer than reports in the media would lead one to believe). The young man (Dustin) and I spent the afternoon blastin' and reloading with my 375 and 30-30. As we walked out the door to head down to the bench, he held out his first box of blamo and said to his wife, "Look honey, my first boolits!" He couldn't get over the fact that he was shooting wheel weights, he thought that was pretty cool. Long about Wedsnesday, I plan on a castin' session, that oughtta snag him good. His wife (Amy) is going to hate me, a week here and he'll have cast boolit fever fer sure.

On a similar note, I finally figured out what to do with all those gun magazines, mostly Handloader and Rifle, gathering dust around here, I gave 'em to a co-worker who has two boys, 9 and 11 who like to shoot. I can't imagine a better place for them to go

Jack Stanley
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I can't imagine how you've been naughty unless it's because you haven't trained Amy to resize and prep cases for loading [smilie=1:

Jack

Newtire
10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a great way to spend your time, passing the fun around. I know when I was a kid, getting shooting books was one of my favorite things. World needs more folks like you!

Buckshot
10-11-2006, 01:55 AM
...........Way to go. Makes YOU feel good too, knowing that he's enjoying himself and may have possibly happened into a new active pasttime.

.............Buckshot

fatnhappy
10-11-2006, 03:21 PM
On the same note, I just taught a friend how to reload. He's a technician that services my print shop (no I don't have lino and wouldn't fess up if I did.)

He recently bought his first pistol, a TC encore with a .270 barrel. After expressing interest in saving money by handloading..[smilie=1: I brought my portable set-up into work. We went through a couple manuals, die set-up and bullet seating for his specific barrel. I have him hooked, and when he despairs about the expense, I'll suggest he try a few cheap cast bullets.

Dean

Pop Gun
10-11-2006, 04:32 PM
John,

:drinks:

But don't get excited. You ain't finished yet.

A lot of people really believe that this site is about "how to" and help with your / my problem.

In truth, this site serves to "fuel the fire" that starts with just one spark, what ever you need that spark to be. Just look at the catagories!

Lever fan? We can hype that.
Hunter? Yea buddy.
Handgun freak? Yep!
Military aficianado? Uh huh.
Accuracy freak? We can lie there too.
Want custom .... anything? Why .... we can spend "your" money so fast all the while making you think it was your idea. [smilie=1:
Then the biggest hook of all, The Group Buy. Just sounds like there has to be a discount in there somewhere, right?

Even look at the icons! :Fire: :castmine: :lovebooli :brokenima [smilie=6: (Howd that get in here?)

So just turn your house guest on to this board and watch poverty flurish! Katrina was a one time event. This board sneeks up on you over and over again.