PDA

View Full Version : I sure hate being responsible.......

WILCO
11-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Because there are just too darn many things I'd like to spend my money on and I can't because of bills, dependants, repairs, taxes, savings and a host of other obligations. Come to think of it, I hate having to go to work too!!! I'd rather spend my time shooting, hunting, fishing, buying guns, drinking, smoking, casting boolits, Burning charcoal, reloading, canoeing, reading, hiking, camping, running, making repairs to the house, garage, yard and hell, I'd even like to buy a tractor just to run it up and down the driveway for kicks!

One of these days I'm just gonna say "Shuck it!" and stop paying so I can start playing......................................Just not today or anytime soon, because I'm a responsible adult. [smilie=s:

44man
11-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Things never work out. Since I retired I have not been fishing for 4 or 5 years. I do less and less all the time, even don't want to get out of bed to hunt. Gun season opens Monday and I will go but archery does not hold the same appeal. I shot one, had 2 jump the string and all the rest were on the wrong side even after I spun the stand! [smilie=b:
Now I am only seeing 1 or 2 and none at all during the day anywhere, even on the roads. They vanished so I stay home. Only way to find one is with night vision.
I put off everything, don't even clean the gutters until rain won't flow but had to vacuum the million tons of leaves yesterday. I have about 80 trees in the yard. I didn't want to try it after it snows! :bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:
Anyway, don't think more time or money makes it better, time goes faster and you will get lazy like me. I have spent many years trying to figure out how I did everything when I had to work every day, I must have been crazy! :kidding:
I need to re caulk the shower and the caulk has been down here on the table for 2 months! :grin:

oldhickory
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I hate to say it, bt 44man is right. When I was working, I went to the range at least once a week and to a shoot once a month, now I'm lucky to find the time, (or ambition) to go to the range once a month. I still shoot...I just do it at home, a few rds. here and there. Seems like there's something to fix, cut, clean-up, sharpen, maintain, etc.-etc....Oh, and neighbors, "Can you do this?-Can you do that?-I need this fixed!" Hey they're nice people and always pay me, or do things for me, so...

Heck!..I haven't even stopped at the Legion or V.F.W. for a relaxing beer in almost a year! Everytime I go into one of those places, I end-up working, doing things the guys that no-one else has time for. Seems like I'm doing more now than I ever did!..And falling behind.

Forget about the easy life kid, just resign yourself to the fact that you're a work horse and that's the way it'll always be...

elk hunter
11-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Been retired for eleven years. Don't know how I ever had time for a job. My projects take second place to others, but what the heck, I can't blame others when I keep saying YES.

Hickory
11-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Yea, being responsible sure robs a man of a lot of fun.
However, a man can also feel good about himself and proud
that what he has done will not only benefit the ones he loves, but himself as well.

blackthorn
11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
How true!! It seems I just move from one crisis to the next. The "guy" is installing a new furnace as I type this! A month or so ago I went to hunt with my youngest son and wound up spending half the time replacing his cupboards and counter top. It took three tries just to finally retire and now I dont have enough time to do the things I said I was going to. Oh well it beats the heck out of the alternative, at least I am relativly healthy and I am looking at the grass from the green side. Have a great day!!!

Ugluk
11-19-2010, 02:29 PM
I think I've had my priorities straight from the start. My sole career ambition is to provide me with a meaningful free time. I work only nights and this gives just enough money for a modest living and just enough spending cash. The pay is slightly better at night and I don't do as many nights in a month as I would do days if I could actually cope with a 9-5 type job, wich I don't.

I can read the kids nighttime stories before I'm off to work and eat breakfast with them when I get home. Sleep a few hours and have the afternoon and evening with the family.

Waiting for retirement would be a huge mistake. Every retiree I've met firmly states to have less time than while working, and I believe them.

Making lots of money for normal folks always means a lot of work and dedication to the job. I've always found it takes all the fun out of it.

Swede44mag
11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I never figured when I was a kid growing up held so much responsibility I thought I was going to have more freedom "WRONG".

On a better note I am taking all of Regular Firearms season off haven't been able to do it in years.

1Shirt
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Like a friend of mine says, "gettin old just ain't for sissies!"
1Shirt!:coffee:

steg
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
+1 with 1Shirt, I'm with ya pal, and WILCO, you just keep on enjoying your young life, I know I did mine and have no regrets..................................steg

firefly1957
11-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys you really Brighten up my day as I have been retired four years and see I am in good company. Have hunted less, Fished less and camped less since retirement on other hand I have started swaging and am doing a little more shooting.

home in oz
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
I have ALWAYS felt that having to work has always interefered with my free time.

Work is seriously overrated, when there are fish to catch, deer and ducks to hunt, walks thru the woods to be taken, etc.

Beekeeper
11-20-2010, 11:26 AM
I like to fish (or did)
Bought a home on the lake.
Lived there 10 years and went fishing once.
Didn't have time as I was always fixing something, planting trees or shrubs.
doing garden work.
or just cleaning the "Darn Fool Place" up.
I guess it would be the same if I had put in a range there,always too busy to have time to shoot.

Jim