PDA

View Full Version : Rifle/pistol lamps

abunaitoo
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone have one?????
I remember seeing them for sale a long, long time ago.
Always thought they were kind of neat.
Don't see any for sale these days.

Shooter
11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I remember them in magazines. I think it would be a cool way to rig a "ready rack". You could have a hidden lock to free the piece for use.
I doubt the wife would go for it.

trk
11-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I knew a fellow who made one from an ak47 that he brought back from Panama - it had been through a fire. Later he realized it was class III and though rough, still could get him in trouble.

pincherpartner
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
I built one out of an old shotgun that we got in a house sale. The gun was worthless even for parts and I had to create a forend for it. But it was inspired by the movie "The Great Outdoors" and becuase of that it generated a few laughs.

WILCO
11-19-2010, 09:16 AM
But it was inspired by the movie "The Great Outdoors" and becuase of that it generated a few laughs.

Yeah, that one had to be plugged in before it could shoot! Great movie.

WILCO
11-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't see any for sale these days.

They're out there. Just have to use google to find them.

6.5 mike
11-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Saw one at a show in P'cola awhile back 95 mauser, all matching. What a waste.

george1980
11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
bought two of them at a yard sale about 5 years ago , ones a springfield trapdoor it has what seems to be a good action and stock but somehow threw its life the barrel got bent , the others a old damascus barreled greener shotgun that actualy looks pretty as heck if you overlook the bulged barrel , both was gotten for 20 bucks an someday im hopin to get the old trapdoor put back to shooting form

beagle
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Back in the 60s, Ye Old Hunter in Alexandria sold milsurp rifles suitable for lamps and I mean cheap. Many were missing bolts. I've even seen a Thompson lamp and often wondered if it was demilled and legal.

The strangest thing I've ever seen was a Vickers MG complete with tripod that a lady had in her flower garden set in cement and painted white. It was not demilled. Last time I looked and that's been years ago, someone had drug it back in the woods behind her home and discarded it./beagle

BOOM BOOM
11-20-2010, 08:18 PM
HI,
My dad did that to a long barreled 45/70 trapdoor.
As he gave it to me, I undid the original sin. Restored it to a working gun.
But on his death he willed it to my little brother.
He made it back into a lamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOME PEOPLES KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUNG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbunt1
11-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Knew an artist in the Dallas area that had gotten his hands on a sackful of rusted out old Colt frames and was making them into lamps and chandileirs and such.

Beautiful art, but I couldn't get myself past the idea of restoring one of those old Colts, so I never looked too closely at them...was afraid the "scrape and buff" part of me would rear it's head...

Merlin43
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi, Chris!
How's it going?
I'm putting together a small Xmas present for you...