PDA

View Full Version : Bluestar Brass & Cartridge

jlh
11-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Has anyone had any dealings with this Searcy, Arkansas-based company? I am considering purchasing some once-fired brass from them and know nothing about them. Thanks in advance.

mike in co
11-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Has anyone had any dealings with this Searcy, Arkansas-based company? I am considering purchasing some once-fired brass from them and know nothing about them. Thanks in advance.

i know he is hurting for cash....make him an offer.......dont pay listed price unless the market says it is good.......

well wait a minute... i thought bluestar was out of tx.......do some checking

mike in co

Dragoon 45
11-17-2010, 09:06 PM

They are regular vendors at Gunshows in Okla. I have done business with them in the past and am quite satisified with them. They handle major manufacturers products (Winchester, Remington, Starline, etc.) Their prices are on par with gunshops in my area but they have a better selection of brass and bullets. They were in Tulsa last weekend for Wanamakers Gun Show and also had loaded ammo for sale which was new to me. From my dealings with them, buying bullets and brass, I would recommend them. I have had no problems with anything I have bought from them.

iron mule
11-17-2010, 09:19 PM
hello on blue star
they are a small family ran company and like most of us that have a small business these days thanks to our politicians that are ruining our economy these days /// they are having hard times
do them a favor and order from them they are good people and will go out of their way o help you
they support the shooting community so support them and please do not try and cut their prices they are fair as they are let the people make a little profit so that they can stay in business and do the same for other small companies that when they are gone you would wish they were still around cause wal mart will not be a help to you when you really need it
mule

felix
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Pat Garrett is the proud owner of BlueStar today, having got it from his father who was a highway cop having extremely high regards from anyone and everyone on both sides of the political isle. Pat employs a whole crew of unemployable folks on demand, like when he obtains a barrel of brass needing separation from Remington down the road. His debt is constantly climbing, and he can use all the financial support we can move his way. I order stuff from him, and when I do he drops off my order to me on his way to the gun shows in Tulsa. You can do no better than to deal with him and his people. ... felix

Ernest
11-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Ditto on the good company. Have bought from them over the years. All transactions have been very good

LIMPINGJ
11-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I have bought from them for several years, good service always.

mike in co
11-18-2010, 01:03 AM
I WAS TOLD HE LOST THE REMINGTOM BRASS ACCOUNT( the factory load testing range) due to being behind in payments.....
that does not make him a bad guy...
i don't owe anyone but i do am likely to go under.......brass suppiers/ranges want scrape prices and one cannot make a living in todays market paying that for brass...

my last major supplier cut me off today....

mike in co

felix
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
That might be true, Mike. Indeed unfortunate for the both of you needing a supply line. However, I would be in a mental quandary being a manager in the Remington plant and not being able to support a very gracious and genuine neighbor. ... felix

mike in co
11-18-2010, 08:00 PM
That might be true, Mike. Indeed unfortunate for the both of you needing a supply line. However, I would be in a mental quandary being a manager in the Remington plant and not being able to support a very gracious and genuine neighbor. ... felix

a fellow brass and bullet seller, just back from tulsa, had several things to talk about when he got back, just one of which was blue star/pat garrett....it would be nice if he/we were wrong, but there is a point when unpaid bills stop further transactions.....

mike in co

Old Goat Keeper
11-18-2010, 09:22 PM
And remember that Remington is no longer just Remington. Cerbrus (or however you spell it) is all about how to squeeze the maximum amount of cash out of Remington and the other companies they own no matter how small the amount! That manager may be in joepardy for his job if he didn't shut Pat off.

Tom

RegCom7
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I bought some Starline .45 Colt brass from them awhile ago, for a decent price. Their service was good and friendly. I like them and I'll deal with them again.

pls1911
11-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Pat and crew have been serving the DFW area shows for better than 10 years.
Over the years I've bought a lot of brass from them and have always found the count in my favor by one or two or few "just to be sure".
They're stand up good folks, who try to help neighbors when they can, so don't cut 'em short in their time of need.
I don't know the situation, and the details are none of my business...
but I wish them well and will continue to buy from them where I have need.

medalguy
03-25-2011, 12:57 PM
For what it's worth, I tried to place a large order from them this week. No one is answering the phone, CC hasn't been charged, so I guess they are out of business.

Montana Slim
03-26-2011, 11:42 PM
For what it's worth, I tried to place a large order from them this week. No one is answering the phone, CC hasn't been charged, so I guess they are out of business.

Similar experience here..I'll be trying again next week on the hope they're still in business.

Slim

Blkpwdrbuff
03-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Well guys,
I have received several emails from Pat the last few days.
I also tried calling, but no one answered.
I went ahead and ordered some Starline .41 mag brass.
I have the USPS confirmation but no update.( I just placed the order on Thursday.
I also asked about some 9X23 Winchester. He thinks he has some.
I will keep you guys posted.
Blkpwdrbuff:castmine:

Blkpwdrbuff
04-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Here's the update:
Yes Bluestar Brass is still in business.:bigsmyl2:
I received my .41 Mag Starline brass today!
I will definitely be doing business with Pat again!.
If you have any doubts, go ahead and order online.
I think you will like the results.

ia1727
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Here's the update:
Yes Bluestar Brass is still in business.:bigsmyl2:
I received my .41 Mag Starline brass today!
I will definitely be doing business with Pat again!.
If you have any doubts, go ahead and order online.
I think you will like the results.

Can you post his web link or e-mail or phone number--if he's the guy you say he is I'll be glad to try and support him and his people.

Anyone looking for brass should try and support them in their time of need--after all --they are there for us--lets see if we can't all help out just a little. Just my 2 cents worth.

Steve

Blkpwdrbuff
04-10-2011, 11:38 PM
here's Bluestar's web address:
/bluestarbrass.com/
Phone:501.268.6443.
They don't answer the phone very often but email communication is superb!
Give 'em a go.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

Blkpwdrbuff
05-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Blue Star Brass Closed it's doors last Saturday.
Here's a copy of the email sent to me.
Blkpwdrbuff

May 11, 2011
TO: Customers
FROM: Pat Garrett, Owner/Operator - BLUE STAR AMMUNITION COMPANY
SUBJECT: Final Sale - Liquidation Prices

Greetings,

We are being forced to close our business. We will be liquidating our assets and making our last sales between now and Saturday, May the 14th. These will be the absolute lowest prices for these products you will find anywhere so if we have anything you might be interested in please call or make an order through our web page; as it is first come first serve. Our prices and inventory will be available to view at "http://www.blue-star-inc.com/" by 10:00 PM central time. My tech will be getting those posted as soon as these emails head out. Please feel free to call with any questions you might have.

Thank you all. It has been an honor and a privilege for our family to do business with you.

Phone orders can be placed here: 501.268.6443
or for order priority please use our online order form available at
http://www.blue-star-inc.com/

Online order will be processed first.
Doors for the shop will be open for walk business for the rest of the week between 9am to 4pm

God bless you and Semper Fi,
Pat Garrett