PDA

View Full Version : Powder measure loans needed

joeb33050
10-07-2006, 11:31 AM
D.W.Stiles printed the powder measure test in the ASSRA Journal, and suggests that I test the Harrell and other expensive measures. No response from Harrell.
I'd like to borrow a Harrell, Culver? and other expensive ostensibly accurate measures to test-I'll get them back to you in a week.
Any volunteers?
Thanks;
joe b.

carpetman
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
joeb33050---If you are needing a loan for a powder measure--you are paying way too much for one. Sorta like having to hock your car to buy gas for it. Buy a Belding&Mull and stay out of debt--can't beat em for any type powder.

georgeld
10-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Joe:

Check on Saubier.com, I believe it's Stephan Grant that has a couple Harrel's for sale. The small one for pistols they want $190 for. Doubt they'd loan it, but, bet you could make some money on the resale of it after your test.

joeb33050
10-08-2006, 06:05 AM
The Harrell is on the way, there ARE volunteers out there. Now how about a culver or ??? very expensive measure. I need the measures to test, I don't need any advice. Hang onto the advice. Isn't there something about a cowboy hat?
Measures?
joe b.

Hip's Ax
10-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I think Culver is a type of measure not a brand. The Harrell is a Culver style measure.