PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Customer Service

7br
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I have made a few phone calls to lyman customer service trying to get things lined out for my 6.8 spc. I bought an old ideal 280468 short mould that was missing the sprue plate and also needed to buy an expander plug for my M-die. Got the package yesterday and they shipped a 37R instead of 27R plug. Called customer service and they are sending me the correct plug.

When I asked what I should do with the 37R plug, the lady said "I don't know, buy a new gun for it?'

I have bought guns for less reasons than that.

Shiloh
11-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Glad to hear the customer service experience was positive. There have been mixed reviews in the past. My own experience with Lyman have been positive. This is ordering parts and instructions.

Shiloh

old turtle
11-11-2010, 10:38 AM
That is interesting, about a year ago I ordered an expander plug for the M die. The plug was for 32-20 and the plug I received was marked correctly but the expander was the wrong size. I called customer service and they sent me the correct one. It maybe that they have someone assembling these or shipping them that does not understand the sizes or can not read a dial indicator.

Any reason to buy a gun especially a 30-06 or and old Springfield is a good one

HangFireW8
11-12-2010, 07:28 PM
My Lyman customer service experiences have all been positive, if they do let me down I'll chalk it up to having a bad day and give them another chance.