PDA

View Full Version : Front sight modification for GG

crabo
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I am not sure that I like the white ramp on my XS front sight for my Guide Gun. I put the same sights and rail on my GBL as the SBL has. I was thinking of going two different ways.

The first would be to eliminate the ramp and drill it for a fiber optic with a machined slot to let the light in like the Firesights.

The second is to see if I could find a brass bead and put in in the front sight.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am planning on putting an Ultradot with Warne detachable rings on the gun to hunt with but I enjoy shooting peep sights.

ReloaderFred
11-07-2010, 12:31 AM
You can try blackening the white ramp with a Sharpie pen. If you decide later that you did like the white ramp, you can remove the black Sharpie ink with a Q-Tip and alcohol.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Mk42gunner
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
crabo,

I personally like a square front post with peep sights, to many years shooting M14s and 16s I guess. Which sight width did you get? IIRC you can get either .1 or .08" front sights from XS. I like a finer front than that, about 1/16" works well for me, but I can use the white stripe as a narrow front if I have to.

You can order about any size bead, in either white or brass from Brownells, as long as you know what height you need.

Robert