PDA

View Full Version : Special Request

comershooter
10-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I would like to start a special project but don't have the funds so I would like to know if someone could test it for me I am not asking for anything but some pics or video of the results.
Putting a bullet feeder on a lee classic cast single stage and modifying a 45 acp shell-plate to fit a feeder ram for fast and easy sizing with lees feed trough sizer kits
or using a lee pro 1000 with 3 bullet feeders and modified 45 acp shell plate for feeder ram using lees feed trough sizer kits for super fast reloading.

Supplies needed for classic cast mod:
1. Lee classic cast single stage press
2. Lee bullet feeder with feeder fingers kit (will have to manually pull the fingers)
3. lee sizing kit
4. 45 acp shell-plate
5. Maybe a drill or something to modify the shell plate

Supplies needed for pro 1000 mod
1. Pro 1000 press
2. 3 bullet feeder with feeder fingers kit
3. 3 lee sizing kits
4. 3 45 acp shell plates
5. Maybe a drill or something to modify the shell plate

Idea thought of by me and many great suggestions by Frozone

NoZombies
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm a little confused by your desire to use the 45 caliber shell holder or shell plate, can you explain that?

I'm assuming that you're wanting to have a self feeding sizer using lee's push through die, right?

comershooter
11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
to help hold the bullet on the ram

NoZombies
11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I guess I'm still not following. Are you using the shell holder instead of the punch that comes with the kit? if so, then how are you pushing the bullet into the die body far enough to size it?

comershooter
11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I guess I'm still not following. Are you using the shell holder instead of the punch that comes with the kit? if so, then how are you pushing the bullet into the die body far enough to size it?

As in drilling a hole in the shellplate so the ram goes through and the shellplate is used to hold the bullet for the bullet feeder