PDA

View Full Version : So I work with this guy, and he is bitter...

Ivantherussian03
09-29-2006, 02:00 AM
He is bitter and angry with me about something that happened 5 years ago. he was a tech guy and I turned him to our bosses for spying on people, reading their email and tormenting them with comments about their personal lives. The bosses did nothing to him, but he has hated me with a vegence ever since. The scary thing is his anger has been described as toxic. Which tells me he is getting worse. Is this normal behavior? Or the behavior of one sorry individual?

:coffee:

Buckshot
09-29-2006, 02:26 AM
............What does he do to you personally?

............Buckshot

wills
09-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Several possibilities, including
1. He is an @$$whole
2. Mental Illness possibly involving things like depression, paranoid ideations, delusions of grandeur, what used to be called manic depressive illness,
3. Drug/alcohol abuse

44woody
09-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Ivan first of all and above all watch your back this guy could go off on you in a second I would try to get him to talk to you and try to make a peace offiring to him invite him to a bbq or something I am going to have to agree with Wills it probly one of the 3 things he mentined that is at the heart of the matter with him and one other thing have you talked to your boss about him I would do it in a way that would not couse problems for you and this guy I hope this helps in your problems with this guy :castmine: 44 Woody

Scrounger
09-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Sounds like a real nut case to me. And the last thing you'd want to do is have anything to do with him. It would just give him a better chance to get inside your defenses. His anger and crazy behaviour involves other people as well as you, so there is probably no way you can do anything to make it better. Has he done anything illegal that you can get some kind of law enforcement involved? They should protect your involvement to some degree and they may force your management to act even if they can't do anything themselves. Your number one priority now is to play the best defense you can.

swheeler
09-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Ivan; sounds like a real fruitcake to me, definately something wrong upstairs, must not have a life of his own so has to stick his nose into everybodies business. Sometimes you have to make a stand, invite him out for a drink with ya, take to your favorite watering hole(where you've got people that know you) confront him, if he gets froggy- drill him in the piehole. You will definately find out how nuts he is after that, 99% of the time it will be over, he'll even cross the street when he sees you coming- IT'S THAT 1% YOU GOT TO LOOK OUT FOR!

versifier
09-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Sounds like the perfect candidate to go postal. Watch your back. I would have my two friends, Smith & Wesson, handy. Good luck and keep us post(ed).

9.3X62AL
09-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Full agreement with Scrounger and others here--this guy is a fruitbat, so don't let him have your back. There have a been a few such individuals scattered throughout my career, only one of which worked with me. At heart, most such people are/were cowards--but even a coward can strike from concealment if they find a position of advantage.

The best counter-measure to both prevent initial contact or follow-up retribution is to do exactly what you did already--take affirmative steps to answer his unwelcome gestures/actions. This may not absolutely prevent a re-occurrence, but he knows there will be a response on some level if he tries something with YOU--and that enters his threat assessment matrix right from the start.

Check for PM.

Ivantherussian03
09-29-2006, 09:45 PM
I have my concerns. I know this guy very well; I have known him for 7 years actually.

My concern is to be proactive with him, keep my family and co workers safe.

He personally slanders me, not publically, but behind my back, frquently, and or daily.
He has been acused by the bosses of many things, but they have the proof or where with all to move toward termination. He usually manages to incriminate me somehow of his crimes. Example: I was called on by the boss to turn over my keys to the building to see if I had a master key. It was him that incrimated me, because he was acussed of a pretty serious crime, at least professionally, of stealing and altering test results. He wrote a fraudulent statement about that nearly put my professional license to work on the line. He had a check of mine that was 3 years old, he altered and cashed it, or I mean attempted to cash it. I have witnessed him assault 2 staff members in 6 years. The bank put a hold on it, stopped it cold. And I could on... but that would be a waste of time. Bush Alaska makes people more than a little off; he been alone all his life, and the Bush has made him crazy

He is definitely a character. Thanks for the advice guys.

Bret4207
09-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Dude- I'd watch my back and make sure I was packin' on a regular basis. I'd also talk to my local police and see what advice they can offer. If he goes after your family..... well, a man has to do what he has to do. There may well be mental health laws regarding this behavior in your state, talk to the local cops. Sounds like he needs some help and meds.

David R
09-30-2006, 08:17 AM
I am sure he will not get any better. Obvously he will never get over it. In the end, the better personality will show through, it may take a long time, but it will. The managers where you work are aware of his actions.

David