PDA

View Full Version : New Concept Car From GM

StarMetal
09-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Check out this new concept car from GM....pretty radical from how you operate it, not so much as the looks of an automobile. Go to the site below and watch the cool video, it's long so watch all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ry6w3mRm-FM

Joe

felix
09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I heard today on PBS that the post office gave GM a contract for some unknown quantity. I think they were part of the design concept, in that the body is exchangable, as well as the stearing mechanism. I do not thing the motor is a Baldor, but Baldor did make 10 motors to the spec as defined by Hughes for such a car. As a side note, my son, Tommy, bought that RX8 last year, and finds it quite friendly and nimble at the same time. Somewhat of a rare combination in a car of that price range. ... felix

StarMetal
09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Felix,

You seem to like innovative new ideas in the automotive world. My cousin sent me that link. Makes me wonder what Ford has been doing in that same area.

Joe

felix
09-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Ford is probably working on the same thing, but probably for a different application, such as for heavy duty vehicles. The work load is fairly well split up now for these new development things, in that money is basically pooled for R&D throughout the world. It's the manufacturing facilities (and body styles) that will determine the brand names in the future. ... felix