PDA

View Full Version : Ebay appearance

Bret4207
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Did Ebay change their appearance in the past couple days or did my kids do something to my computer?

imashooter2
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Is it something subtle or a big difference? I'm not noticing anything changed.

snowtigger
09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Did Ebay change their appearance in the past couple days or did my kids do something to my computer?

Yes, I noticed it, too.

Shepherd2
09-28-2006, 07:34 PM
I went there last week after a long absence and noticed that it looked a little different.

mike in co
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
whats a real pro gun person doing on a anti gun site like ebay ????
( yes i know there is lots of "nice stuff" on ebay....but supporting the enemy is not a good thing.......get over it...)

Bret4207
09-28-2006, 09:42 PM
I thought it had changed, thanks guys.

Mike- I know. But, when it's the only game in town so to speak, I do tend to window shop there. I wish there was someplace with as much stuff that was pro-gun. Non-gun stuff I mean. Besides, isn't Guns America or Gun Broker thats owned by the same people as Ebay? Wonder how they justify that?

cherok9878
09-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Bret, that's easy, $$$$$$$$$.............larry

mooman76
09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not trying to stick up for ebay but if they are so anti gun whay do they allow any gun stuff on their sight at all! I know to some degree they don't like guns Auctionarms has allot of stuff too!

imashooter2
09-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Do eBay or PayPal actively campaign against the 2nd, or have they simply made a business decision that the potential liability of allowing firearms sales outweigh potential profit? Those are very different things.

OLPDon
09-29-2006, 03:24 PM
There was a post on eBay listing and the seller normaly excepted PayPal with the exception of bullet mould ect, he stated he didn't want to risk loosing PayPal privledges. There has to be something to eBay being swayed by the masses.
Cherok9878 hit it on the MONEY, $$$$$$$.
Don

Bret4207
09-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Ebay is kinda like Walmart or Sears or Borders to me. All have a more or less anti-gun attitude at one level or another or some management practices I don't like. But the service they provide makes it very inconveinient to go elsewhere. Where else for instance can I find a Yodelin' Slim Clark CD but Ebay? They list over 200, sometimes 300 moulds. Borders is anti gun and yet they sell gun books and vidieos. It's modern life. Sucks, but I keep sending the NRA $$$ and write my politicians. Thats life.

robertbank
09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
United Way up here funds the Coalition Against Firearms, the major anti-gun group in Canada. Guys if you want to do us folks up here a favour, let the United Way know how you feel by your actions.

canadiangunutz.com leads a boycott against this fund raising group.

Take Care

Bob

imashooter2
09-29-2006, 11:25 PM
United Way up here funds the Coalition Against Firearms, the major anti-gun group in Canada. Guys if you want to do us folks up here a favour, let the United Way know how you feel by your actions.

canadiangunutz.com leads a boycott against this fund raising group.

Take Care

Bob

At work we are pressured to contribute to the company United Way campaign. Fortunately, you can specify where your contributions go. I always choose the NRA Foundation. :-D

Buckshot
09-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Do eBay or PayPal actively campaign against the 2nd, or have they simply made a business decision that the potential liability of allowing firearms sales outweigh potential profit? Those are very different things.

............I may be very wrong in this, but the impression I got is that E-Bay does not want the possibility of any liability with the sale of firearms from thier site. Due to overlapping and conflicting differences in the firearms laws between stae and federal, not to mention some municiple issues I think they just figured it wasn't worth the exposure.

If you look at most any firearm distributer and the guns they offer, after the description it will say "Not for sale in CA, NY, MA, NJ, Cook Cnty, IL, etc & etc, yadda yadda" and words to that effect. Same with magazines, air rifles and even cross bows.

If I'm not mistaken, early on E-Bay DID have firearm auctions. I've never heard definatively if they were anti-gun (actively or otherwise) or it was just the liability thing.

...............Buckshot

Tomhorn
10-01-2006, 12:07 AM
When I first opened my Ebay account 10 years ago or so, they did indeed sell firearms. That was my primary reason for opening an account. The first auction that I won was for a Winchester 1892 SRC in 44 WCF. second winning auction was for a new Colt SAA 44 WCF. I realy miss the old Ebay.

Mark