PDA

View Full Version : Old days it was MS "Vaporware"

TCLouis
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Now is seems to be the big "Vaporbook" from the cast boolit mold company.

What is the latest printing schedule.

I want to buy it for me for Christmas!

Guess I shoulda looked before posting first thing is a poll.

So will number be an improvement or a disappointment?

waksupi
10-25-2010, 10:00 PM
??????

Silent
10-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Last I heard.. November. There's a couple threads about it already.

Clickie (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=95729)

Bret4207
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
I was looking for some info on cast in the 35 Rem yesterday. Checked all my new references, then my older ones, then my much older ones. Found what I needed in the first edition of the Cast Bullet Handbook.

IOW- I'm not sweating the new editions arrival.

Rocky Raab
10-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Check my last post in the other thread. I'm tired of typing it.

looseprojectile
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
The Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook, 3rd. edition has only proprietary bullets listed in their loads. This means that if you have say a 300 grain boolit for your particular gun and Lyman does not make a mould in that weight, NO data. They don't even list the common 40 65. They go from 38 55 to 401 Win. to 44 40 and skip a few in the process. I suspect that these traits will not change with a new book.
I shoot a lot of old and obsolete calibers and I find that Lyman is a poor place to go for loading information. Better of to go to Hodgdons site and print the comprehensive list of loads for your particular cartridge.
Also I have never used the alloy that Lyman uses for all their cast boolits.
After reading what Rocky had to say about Lyman having issues with OSHA I fear that soon the Federal Administration will appoint a Czar to go door to to see if "individuals" are complying with OSHA regulations.
I see in the news where in King County Washington the Authorities are going door to door to bust people for not buying licenses for their dogs and cats.
Who knew it would come to this???

Life is good

9.3X62AL
10-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Cat license??

What's the bag limit? :)

J/K, I like cats. Very much. CA law, as bizarre as it can be, at least classes cats as feral critters.

Ahem......whenever it arrives, I'll likely buy it. I haven't thrown in the towel on Lyman yet. Gotta be positive, think how many of our custom and semi-custom mouldmakers have found their niches by making/improving what Lyman has abandoned.

1Shirt
10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I have been back ordered for over 6 mo. What's a few more months. Love my old manuals.
1Shirt!:coffee:

wills
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I see in the news where in King County Washington the Authorities are going door to door to bust people for not buying licenses for their dogs and cats.

Life is good

They increase revenue without “raising taxes”.

Matt_G
10-26-2010, 06:48 PM

That mindset is just going to get more prevalent if the sheeple don't wake up.
Check out this story from Idaho.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tax-official-shuts-down-kids-pumpkin-stand-for-lack-of-proper-permit/

HangFireW8
10-26-2010, 07:30 PM
It'll be ready when its ready, and yeah, it will probably have only Lyman boolits in it.

Get over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it once it does come out.

-HF

TCLouis
10-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I would not expect any loading data for any boolit except Lyman's.

I just hope they kept current cartridges and powders and expanded the list of both.

Unfortunately I think due to sheer number of contributors we like have as much or more info available right here.

Yes I will buy one unless I go someplace that has one that I can quickly review and find it to be lacking.