PDA

View Full Version : Question reference accuracy?

RMulhern
10-25-2010, 12:14 AM
For those that can shoot this distance in practice or those that have shot the Creedmoor or Mid-Range Matches.....I'm wondering whether it be practice or a match.....day in and day out, considering all conditions....as to what score say....on the 600 yard NRA target can be fired ON THE AVERAGE?? I know that some days are better than others but taking all into consideration....what could you count on score or group-wise to be put onto the target for ten rounds fired? The ten ring at 600 yards is 12" diameter so we'll use that size as a base-line for consideration. This will be from the prone position off the sticks!:holysheep:takinWiz:

NickSS
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
There are a lot of variables in this question so I will only say what I have done when I was shooting bpcr long range matches. Looking at my range book where I recorded my scores and hits my personal average was 92 out of 100 points at 600 yards on bullseye targets. These matches were mostly shot with my Shiloh 45-70 LR Express rifle but about 30% were shot with my 45-70 C. Sharps Model 1875 Bussiness rifle. My Highest Score at this range was a 100 with 7 Xs and the lowest was a 85 with 4 Xs. I want to point out that there were several other shooters that shot much better than I did at each of these matches as I never won a single one but did place in the top 3 on a couple of occations.