PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Upstate Matt
10-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Hope this is the proper spot for this. I have looked around here a bit, found it from google searches and that kept shooting me back here.

I stumbled into handloading, not by my own doing. I was looking for a mold for a .56 caliber smooth bore and found a "lawn sale" that had one. They also had a LOT of other goodies. I bought what I thought was good and searched for info on what I thought was interesting. I kept going back every weekend and have enough to get me started and going for a while.

Well, thanks for being here.

Matt

Doc Highwall
10-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Welcome Matt! It sounds like you have one of the Massachusetts 56 Cal smooth bores.

fryboy
10-24-2010, 01:30 PM
hola matt !

hmmm the nick seems familiar ... ;) for boolits u have found the premier site ( IMHO ) and there's seriously some great guys here who know their stuff , the search function here works great at helping to find a few answers ( or more than a few if ur not careful with ur search terms lolz )

Echo
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the madness, Matt! You really don't know what you have let yourself in for - seriously. It becomes an addiction, and we are all aiders and abettors. Ask questions, and you will receive many answers, most of which will agree, and you will find yourself spending an inordinate amount of time on this forum.

But you will be in the presence of some flat wonderful folks, no flames, and I'm sure that you will be 'way ahead of any of your chums that eschew the silver stream. We RELOAD - we don't just 'assemble' ammo.

My first recommendation - read EVERY sticky! Then re-read!

My best...

gray wolf
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM
OH no--there is still time for you to sell everything and run away from this maddening addiction.
Other than that --welcome to the cast bullet forum .

Sam--in Maine

Recluse
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Howdy, Matt, and welcome to The World's Biggest Small Town here at Cast Boolits.

Everything you need to know and everyone you need to know are right here.

Agree with Echo--read the stickies. They're the Encyclopedia Brittanica of casting.

Have fun, and above all, be safe.

:coffee:

Upstate Matt
10-25-2010, 11:07 PM
hola matt !

hmmm the nick seems familiar ... ;) for boolits u have found the premier site ( IMHO ) and there's seriously some great guys here who know their stuff , the search function here works great at helping to find a few answers ( or more than a few if ur not careful with ur search terms lolz )

Hey Fryboy. I decided I may as well sign up since I check in here fairly often. Lots of good stuff here.

And it seems I have a leaning toward the casting end of the loading, so as you said..

Thanks all for the welcome.

Matt

Dean D.
10-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome Matt! You realize casting is addicting, right? [smilie=1: [smilie=l:

PatMarlin
10-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Hurry Matt- go back and buy it all.

Welcome aboard to cast boolit heaven! ..:drinks: