PDA

View Full Version : That missing Lyman ratchet wrench!

kywoodwrkr
09-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Think I have lost I don't know how many of those little ratchet wrenches that come with the Lyman sizing and lubing presses.
Finally ran some to ground!
http://www.chapmanmfg.com/
The tool itself(CM-13) is only $2.85 @.
Shipping is $2 for order under $5.
See 'Order Form' 'Web Format'.
However they also have some other useful 'kits'.
See 'product specifications'.
FWIW
DaveP

montana_charlie
09-26-2006, 12:40 PM
I have a set of Chapman screwdrivers that I have been using on guns for thrity+ years. It's so old the case is made of steel, with a leather-like covering. I have needed replacement bits on several occasions, and have always ordered them directly from Chapman. So, I was using that ratchet (with the drivers) long before I ever laid eyes on a luber/sizer.

When I bought this ancient Lyman #45, I immediately recognized the ratchet as the twin brother of my old 'buddy' in the screwdriver kit. The only differences are the case coloring, and the Lyman stamp on one side...but it still says Chapman on the other side.
CM

Leftoverdj
09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
That wrench is also vital to removing badly stuck screws. With a Chapman bit ground to an exact fit, chuck the extension with the wrench on it in the drill press, and bear down on the quill feed. The pressure of the press makes it impossible for the bit to back out, and the wrench gives the needed leverage to extract the screw.

kywoodwrkr
09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
That comes under the catergory of 'darned' good idea!
Couldn't decide if I should buy a set or just some wrenches.
That makes up my mind.
Now to determine which kit. Or maybe just bits.
More decisions!
Seriously real good idea, I will use it!
DaveP