PDA

View Full Version : Col Jeff Cooper passes on

omgb
09-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I just heard the news over an on-line blog, Cooper died today at home. he had been sent home from the hospital a few weeks ago with a terminal prognosis. Another great one is gone.

StarMetal
09-26-2006, 12:02 AM
And besides another good one gone, a good Marine, a good soldier.
Jeff I hope this country can carry on in the right direction that you and your kind sacred their time and in too many instances, their lives for. I honor you sir...may you rest in ethernal peace. Semper Fi

Joe

Four Fingers of Death
09-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Riding on ahead. Mick.

Larry Gibson
09-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Our Country and freedom have lost a great champion. I'm sure he'll have a great range set up when we get up yonder, I will enjoy competing with him again.

Larry Gibson

fatnhappy
09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
RIP

http://www.dvc.org.uk/jeff/aboutjff.html

danski26
09-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Good luck, God Speed and Semper Fi

felix
09-26-2006, 01:15 PM
It is my hope that I won't feel any need when I get up there to meet the Boss. I am sure He will have plenty of things for me to do, but, just in case, I will wander over to Jeff's pad to see what kind of range the Lord had in mind for him. ... felix

Mike Nesbitt
09-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't know Jeff Cooper but I had met him. He was quite a guy and certainly for real... Mike Nesbitt

keeper89
09-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Good luck and godspeed, colonel. I never had the pleasure of knowing you through other than your written word but I have tried to follow one of your maxims--"Ride hard, shoot straight, and speak the truth." Safe passage to you, sir.

Bret4207
09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Rest in peace Uncle Jeff. Say hi to Chesty and the rest of the guys, and watch over the young Marines out in harms way. I'll be joining you all one day, so keep the coffee warm for us that follow. Semper Fi.

(BTW- Marine is the correct tittle. No Marine is a soldier- he's a Marine, and thats the proper term. I know no disrespect was intended. Just a point us hyper-sensitive Jarheads are picky about. You wouldn't want the ghost of Uncle Jeff haunting you, would you?)

MGySgt
09-26-2006, 09:32 PM
You beat me to it this time Bret!

To Col Jeff Cooper - Rest in peace, With you and Chesty looking over our brother and sisters in Harms Way I do feel a little better.

Semper Fi!

robertbank
09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Thank-you for enticing a young teen into pistol shooting. I am still at it 50 years later. God Bless.

Bob

Bigjohn
09-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Even though I have never meet him, through reading what he wrote and what has been written about him one cannot help but feel that you have meet him somewhere before.

Prehaps a good man gone too soon.

We need men like him leading us and teaching the rest of us.

R.I.P. Col.
We who are left behind salute you.
John

ddixie884
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Col. Cooper at the IPSC nationals in Virginia about 25 years ago. I was in the company of a man who knew him and we all had a drink and a short conversation in the hotel bar. He was a gentleman of the highest order, and will be sorely missed.

Wayne Dobbs
10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
We shall not see one of his stature again...

His influence and teaching have saved many good lives and dispensed appropriate "treatment" to lots of bad ones.

Rafe Covington
10-06-2006, 04:12 PM
We are slowly losing all the great shooters and writers I grew up reading about I always admired Elmer Kieth and Jeff Cooper, one because of his love of big bore revolvers and the other because of his love of the Colt 1911. I can't imagine who is going to replace men like these, I really worry about the leaders of the gun owner movement that are taking over from these MEN.

Mr. Cooper rest in peace, hope to see again one day.

singleshotbuff
10-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Gentlemen,

Speaking of great writers/shooters. Yesterday I was thumbing through an old issue of American Rifleman and I came across an article about Col. Cooper by FINN AGGARD. Finn was always one of my favorite writers and to read (actually re-read) this piece about one of my favorite legends was great. It was sort of a bio piece written from the perspective of a peer. It was great reading.

The world is definately worse for the loss of the Colonel. Rest in peace Colonel.

SSB