PDA

View Full Version : A rocky thank you

357maximum
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Awhile back I mentioned that I was in need of Knappable stones for my budding flintknapping adventure/kill a deer with a homemade stone broadhead quest. The outpouring of offers from the fine members of Castboolits from all around the country that live in more chert/flint/obsidian rich areas has been remarkable.:bigsmyl2::drinks:

I would like to say a great big ol :bigsmyl2:THANK YOU :bigsmyl2: to the generous and kind members here that went out of their way to locate/pick up/ box up and send rocks to me. You all really hooked me up with knappable lithics and it is ever so greatly appreciated. Ye'alls a wonderful lot.

The members here never fail to amaze me with their generosity and support of their fellow man, even the ones merely on a "quest" .

I wish the rest of the world was like you all.

THANKS AGAIN,
Michael

MtGun44
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
I agree-
Wonderful group here.

Please report on your "lith-bullet" manufacturing and application adventures!

Bill

Rocky Raab
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Of course, with this group, you'll have to come up with some cutesy baby-talk word for your kind of arrowheads as opposed to commercially-made arrowheads.

mike in co
10-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Of course, with this group, you'll have to come up with some cutesy baby-talk word for your kind of arrowheads as opposed to commercially-made arrowheads.

and this from a guy that writes for a living......

how many ways can i write up a gun and not say is a ***............

rocky you should be able to assist in renaming his organic recycled string powdered fore ends.

mike in co

Dean D.
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Rool 16 Mike, Rool 16!!!!! :grin:

(directed at 357max, not Mike in co)

357maximum
10-21-2010, 10:43 AM
:groner:[smilie=b::holysheep Really ...:killingpc ...turning a Heartfelt THANK YOU into an argument/mocking post :killingpc

Let's see hickory (or hops hornbeam *fingers crossed*) selfbow made by my hands for my hands from a tree that was cut from my F.I.L's woodlot, wild rose arrowshafts actually collected off my back 20 from plants that were started 8 yrs ago from cuttings by my wife and myself while converting 20+ acres of "reclaimed" farmground into a "wildlife supermarket" , natural turkey and goose feather fletching killed by me or other family/friends, and a chert/flint/obsidian/jasper broadhead knapped by me from materials donated or sold waaay too cheap to me by family/friends from around the country by "THIS GROUP" ................let's be real cute and call it a team effort aboriginal bow and arrow "quest" using lithic broadheads eh.

Sorry Dean could not help it. :lol:

waksupi
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I want to see pictures of the progress, too!
I'm somewhat disappointed to see you aren't making your own sinew bowstrings too. They can be frustrating, you think you have a good one, and it breaks immediately, or you have one that looks like ****, that lasts forever with care. Only thing guaranteed with them, is sore fingers from twisting them together!

357maximum
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Ric

I actually have the sinew (and other materials) being collected by the deer killers around me this year, just have not got to that point yet........guess you will have to be dissapointed a bit longer.:wink: I have been reading the ol mans bowyers bibles and there is alot of things I want to do...........eventually. The dentist has me all doped up this week so it will not be a real productive week.

waksupi
10-21-2010, 03:43 PM
I will give you a clue, that the leg tendons make a better bowstring, than the long loin strips. The shorter pieces make a better bond.