PDA

View Full Version : GPal Lawsuit Initiated

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
To All GPal Custumers,

I have begun legal proceeds against GPal with a law firm located in Healdsburg, California. After speaking with the attorney, he asked me to see if I wanted to get other people involved. I do not want to start a class action suit due to the fact that only the lawyers make out. The hourly fees are $350 per hour and I can be divided as a group. I personally am only owed $1500 but I know some of you are owed significantly more. If anyone would like to join me in this suit, please feel free to contact me via this thread or email me your contact information at lavalleenterprises@gmail.com. I will begin proceedings within the week. This is not a BS post. I am for real are ready to take action before it is to late.

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I will also provide the name of the lawfirm as well the partners name that will be handling the case. Please be aware that the initial contact will be via letter explaining to Gpal that legal proceedings have been initiated. I have not bothered to contact any state representative or authority due to the fact that they are useless.

Recluse
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Good for you.

The research and discovery process will take some time, but so will the criminal investigation being conducted by the local and federal boys and girls.

Remember, it was the civil suit that brought down OJ.

:coffee:

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
This information was posted on Calguns approximately 30 minutes ago. It was promptly deleted. The information on the thread was neither abusive or threatening. This goes to show that Calguns and GPal are truly one entity.

Recluse
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd seriously consider having your attorney deposition Paul Nordberg, Josh Berger and a few other folks who have endlessly and loudly supported both Ben Cannon and the deleting/banning of posters who are at odds with Ben/Gpal.

If discovery shows a connection, then sue their butts for damages and then see what the jury might throw in for punitive as well.

Local and state authorities are not useless. I understand the frustration of waiting, but real life is not like TV. Real life investigations and cases take a lot of time and money--money which no one in California has, if you've noticed.

The feds are the slowest moving machine of all, but they land with the loudest, heaviest "thud," and is more often than not, worth the wait.

Cannon & Cronies will get theirs, be assured.

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Copy of letter of authorization for legal action proceedings. If anyone wants to put their name on this one, please contact me by Wednesday to be included. This is no BS. This is for real.

Passalacqua, Mazzoni, Gladden, Lopez & Maraviglia, LLP
1201 Vine Street, Suite 200, Healdsburg, California 95448-4838
TEL 707-433-3363 · FAX 707-433-3606

Dear Mr. Gladden,

It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning regarding legal proceedings against GPal, Inc. formerly known as gunpal.com

GPal Company Information
Gpal, Inc
1083 Vine Street # 215
Healdsburg, CA 95448-4830 map
Phone: (650) 472-4019

GPal, Inc is acting as a credit card processing company for the firearms industry. Vendors and retailers use GPal, Inc as their credit card processing company, allowing them to accept credit card payments for goods and services purchased over the internet or at a retail location. For this service, GPal charges a service fee of approximately 3%. Once GPal has received payment from the buyer, they will subtract their processing fee and electronically transfer the funds to the clients bank account, which has been electronically verified when a new client signs up for the service.
I have attached copies of receipts for transactions indicating their completion. The documentation has a transaction number, amount of transfer, date of transfer and verification of transfer. Each of the documents attached is a request by my corporation instructing GPal to transfer funds into my account. None of these transactions has been completed and no refunds have been requested by my corporation. The total owed to my corporation is $1544.20. This amount has already been discounted the 3% (approx.) fee that GPal charges its clients.
I have contacted several individuals who are under the same predicament and advised them that I will initiate legal proceedings against Gpal, Inc. I am awaiting confirmation to verify if they would like to join in the proceedings and share legal expenses. I will wait until Thursday to inform you if any other individual or corporations will be joining in the suit.
This letter is authorizing your firm to initiate contact with GPal, Inc for the purposes of collecting funds owed to this corporation as well as possible additional compensation for legal fees, interest and lost revenue. Please wait until Thursday to begin the process, allowing any interested party to join this case. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at _____________________________________________.

Best Regards,

Victor Lavalle
President/CEO
Lavalle Enterprises, Inc

mgkdrgn
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
To All GPal Custumers,

I have begun legal proceeds against GPal with a law firm located in Healdsburg, California. After speaking with the attorney, he asked me to see if I wanted to get other people involved. I do not want to start a class action suit due to the fact that only the lawyers make out. The hourly fees are $350 per hour and I can be divided as a group. I personally am only owed $1500 but I know some of you are owed significantly more. If anyone would like to join me in this suit, please feel free to contact me via this thread or email me your contact information at lavalleenterprises@gmail.com. I will begin proceedings within the week. This is not a BS post. I am for real are ready to take action before it is to late.

You do realize that as a "class action" suit, the only people that will get any money are the lawyers ... on both sides. The "victims" will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar owed.

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I understand completely. What aggrevates me even more is the fact that some people are starting to get angry with me because I have initiated a suit. They are hoping that by being nice and asking please that all of a sudden they will get their money sent to them. I am not a big fan of lawyers and I hate the fact that I will be throwing good money after bad but I dont have a choice. Everyone is hoping someone else is going to fight for them. I appreciate your support. I know you are owed just a little bit and sometimes its easier to say the heck with it and cut your losses. I just cant do that anymore. As I stated on CastBoolits, I will see this to the end.
To all those who are upset with this, I have a simple message: Put down your guns, stop playing weekend warrior and cancel your subscription to Soldier of Fortune. You have just demonstrated that you lack the fortitude and guts to fight for what is truly yours. A thief has entered into your home and robbed you blind and you are expecting someone else to confront them. Well, that someone else is me. I am fighting for what is mine.

Bloodman14
10-18-2010, 04:13 PM
While I have no stake in this, I applaud you sir. If money wasn't so tight, I'd send a donation for the cause.

Zamphier
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Good for you!

Be sure you add GPal Employee of the Month Nathan Wolanyk down in San Diego to the depo list.

mgkdrgn
10-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I understand completely. ..... I am fighting for what is mine.

That's the thing, you see. Via class action, YOU won't get what is yours, the LAWYERS will get what is yours.

I got a notice about a "class action" just the other day .... $13 MILLION for the lawyers, $600,000 to be split among the thousands of victims.

And remember, even that can be collected ONLY if Ben has it. My guess is, he doesn't, or he would have paid the $400 (I've left bigger TIPS!) he owes me just to shut me up.

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Oh well...so be it. Maybe this experience will convince me to give up my engineering practice and become a lawyer. I have always been one to go after the big fish...and there are some big fish swimming in this pond. You just have to look outside the box a little to realize it.
Mgkdrgn...maybe I am selfish and just fighting for me. Maybe I dont care what happens to everyone else. Then again, maybe my fight for everyone will cost me a lot of money to lawyer fee's. But at least I fight for something. Sooner or later everyone is given the chance to take a stance. My dignity and self respect is worth a lot more that a few thousand dollars. But the mear thought of knowing that my actions are causing a thief to lose sleep, knowing that someone is after him brings a huge smile to my face and will be a priceless story to tell my kids. Trust me, I will sleep very well tonight knowing that someone, somewhere will not.

Frozone
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
You've hit on the proper action, I don't know why all people do, is come here and complain - sue the SOB.

If Everyone who is owed money files suit, just think of the headaches you'll give him :-)

Not a class action suit, but a suit for every customer. Be sure to find the deepest pockest you can.

oldUSMCsgt
10-18-2010, 09:13 PM
FWIW, it is my understanding that a group of multiple plaintiffs does not necessarily make a class.
--------------------
Notice: I am neither trained nor licensed to practice medicine or law, or to provide tax or financial advice in the United States or in any State or political subdivision thereof.

lavaguns
10-18-2010, 09:19 PM
oldUSMCsgt...You are correct. Multiple plaintiffs does not constitute a class action suit. Its just that...multiple plaintiffs. It is always better to pool your resources in order to produce a stronger offense. Its just a matter of efficiency.

DesertRat
10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
You do realize that as a "class action" suit, the only people that will get any money are the lawyers ... on both sides. The "victims" will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar owed.

Did you see this part?

I do not want to start a class action suit due to the fact that only the lawyers make out.

Now I could be wrong, I am coffee deprived but it doesn't look like he's going for class action.

Criminal proceeding will take time. A civil case may help the criminal complaints.

o13102
10-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Criminal proceeding will take time. A civil case may help the criminal complaints.

Actually, in my experience, the inverse is true and criminal convictions greatly strengthen a civil case. However Cannon may not have the assets to make it worthwhile to pursue.

DesertRat
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Actually, in my experience, the inverse is true and criminal convictions greatly strengthen a civil case. However Cannon may not have the assets to make it worthwhile to pursue.

I get the feeling this is less about assets and more about principle. I was just thinking that DAs and Fed Prosecutors might be very interested in what is found during discovery.

o13102
10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
I get the feeling this is less about assets and more about principle. I was just thinking that DAs and Fed Prosecutors might be very interested in what is found during discovery.

Oh, I agree completely. I've sat across the table from my lawyer on other issues and he's asked me "What's the goal here? Your financial well being? Or the principle? How we proceed is very different depending on which direction you instruct me to go with..."

Sometimes the principle is more important. I was just pointing out that as a purely financial exercise, that Cannon's potential lack of solvency is a risk.

Recluse
10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
That's the thing, you see. Via class action, YOU won't get what is yours, the LAWYERS will get what is yours.

I got a notice about a "class action" just the other day .... $13 MILLION for the lawyers, $600,000 to be split among the thousands of victims.

And remember, even that can be collected ONLY if Ben has it. My guess is, he doesn't, or he would have paid the $400 (I've left bigger TIPS!) he owes me just to shut me up.

He's not talking about a class-action lawsuit. Mr. Lavalle has initiated his own lawsuit against Gpal.

You can hire your own lawyer to sue Gpal. So can anyone else. Multiple victims suing individually is NOT a class action lawsuit.

The only way this can turn into a class action lawsuit is if the victims of Gpal agree to it and sign up with a lawyer or lawyers who file it with the Court as a class action lawsuit. And I agree--it would be disastrous.

For Cannon & ilk, the most devastating thing to him would be to get him one lawsuit after another, with each ending in individual judgements including compensatory and punitive damages against him. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. That is far more impacting than one big class-action lawsuit.

But again, I didn't see anywhere that Mr. Lavalle was trying to initiate a class-action lawsuit.

I support Mr. Lavalle completely. :drinks: Good job, sir.

fishhawk
10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
ben's kick SCOTUS butt lawyers would be able to handle little stuff like this in there sleep..........yea right. steve k

DesertRat
10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
ben's kick SCOTUS butt lawyers would be able to handle little stuff like this in there sleep..........yea right. steve k

IMO if he had lawyers that good they'd have collectively put a foot up his back end and gotten him to inform people what is going on.

lavaguns
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Well gentlemen...as of tomorrow morning this will official be classified as a law suit and therefore I will no longer be posting information regarding this issue. Based on the advice of my attorney, I must refrain from discussing this issue until it has come to a conclusion. I am hoping for a swift and just outcome...for I have be gathering an enourmous amount of information that will be presented. Upon its conclusion, I will post the ruling on this site and let everyone know how everything transpired.

mgkdrgn
10-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Well gentlemen...as of tomorrow morning this will official be classified as a law suit and therefore I will no longer be posting information regarding this issue. Based on the advice of my attorney, I must refrain from discussing this issue until it has come to a conclusion. I am hoping for a swift and just outcome...for I have be gathering an enourmous amount of information that will be presented. Upon its conclusion, I will post the ruling on this site and let everyone know how everything transpired.

May the Force be with you!

Frozone
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Good Luck! Tear him a new one.

S.R.Custom
10-20-2010, 07:59 AM
...Based on the advice of my attorney, I must refrain from discussing this issue until it has come to a conclusion...

How about some periodic performance reviews of your attorney? That would give us an indication of how things are going without actually telling us what's going on... :)

DesertRat
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Would posting Court Dates be out of line?

thevatman
10-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Would posting Court Dates be out of line?

[smilie=1:

lavaguns
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. For those at Calguns that think that no crime has been committed and no proof is available please take a look at United States Code Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 63 Section 1343, Wire Fraud was committed the second an email was sent to the GPal client indicating that the transfer of funds was completed. For those clients outside of California, this equates to Interstate Wire Fraud, a federal offense punishable by 20 years of prison for each act. Though GPal may have used the money for other purposes, the true crime was when they confirmed the transaction was actually completed. For those of you who think this suit has no teeth, I pray that you have no affiliation with GPal or its business dealings. This will be my last post. Thank you all for your support.

The crime of wire fraud is codified at 18 U.S.C. § 1343, and reads as follows:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

BT Sniper
11-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Good for you lavaguns. I am out a bit of money too. Your last post made me feel a bit better.

Good luck

BT

azcruiser
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.vindicia.com/ don't know how do do links so i just do paste and click .TIN HAT
wondering who the man behind the curtain .look at the management team part >>

looseprojectile
11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
My son got burned for near $400.00 by Gpal.
My thought is that there is a lot of money somewhere inside Gpal.
Please get a lot of it.
At this point I think my son is just going to take his lumps and go on with his life.
I have shown him these posts and have not heard what he will do at this time.

We can all hope for justice.

Life is good

waksupi
11-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Anyone considered small claims court?

mgkdrgn
11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Anyone considered small claims court?

Problem with small claims court is that they can award you a "Judgment" ... but they have no ability to enforce or collect that judgment.

Just like the BBB and Calif DOJ ... when they send you letters you can just ignore them and they go away.

SCGunGuy
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Problem with small claims court is that they can award you a "Judgment" ... but they have no ability to enforce or collect that judgment.

Just like the BBB and Calif DOJ ... when they send you letters you can just ignore them and they go away.

Yes and no. Yes, in that a small claims judgment is not anything on its own. No, in that you can then take that judgment to a court in California, say, and sue to have it enforced. Provided the judgment is valid, the Ca. court will then enter the judgment against Cannon/GPal.

The big problem in all of these court actions will be two-fold: One, if Cannon/GPal have no assets, your judgment will be worthless. Two, if a plaintiff starts a suit against GPal, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cannon pay the plaintiff whatever he is owed just to "moot" the case.

mgkdrgn
09-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Well, it's been nearly a year now ... has anything come of this?

mgkdrgn
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Anyone, anyone at all? Buheler? Buheler?

Moonie
04-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Well considering the OP hasn't been here since 4 days after they joined....

kappy
04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I hadn't seen anything in some time... but try emailing or PMing?

mgkdrgn
03-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Well, I'll take it from the two years worth of "sound of summer crickets" on here that Ben got to keep what he stole.

contender1
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe not. Lawsuits take time. Maybe the OP chose to not post anything, or was required by court order to not post anything.