PDA

View Full Version : Closing Threads and Old Geezers

Suo Gan
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Just a man who has written about his shooting exploits. Not a god, not above reproof, not above making human errors. He seems like a good guy to me though because he has taken the time to give us shooters quite a bit of good info. He is opinionated, sometimes ornery, who cares? If you don't like him or want to find fault with him then move along.
I bet every one of you would not take issue with the minor slights he has committed if he was shooting next to you at the range. But maybe you would? Does that make you a tough guy or just a ornery as him? Something about the internet makes people go crazy, I am also guilty as charged from time to time myself. Just a bunch of ornery old geezers, what do you expect?

There, I wanted to say that about Taffin. I could not respond because of the micro managing sometimes done here and the closed thread...nothing was said there that was bad or something I would not let little kids hear. Could you guys cut us some slack and let it work itself out once in a while?

45nut
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
sometimes a personal call is needed,, and I made it. it happens, it is life!

buck1
10-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for locking that one. It got my blood pressure up.

bhn22
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I've never met him in person, but have corresponded with him copiously in the past as the internet has grown. many private messages on many boards. He's always been more than willing to give advice and guidance. I appreciate him and his generosity.

That thread needed to be knocked on the head, it ended up way off topic. I didn't help that a lot, but sometimes you just have to say it out loud. It's time for me to utilize the "ignore" settings.

Suo Gan
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I remember reading your response on Taffin's board. I gained a lot of respect for you in your poignant response over there. Can't fault a man for living by his principles, and I don't!

Char-Gar
10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
John Taffin has lots of friends and fans and the thread was starting to be slanderous in addition to being false. John is an honorable Christian gentleman. It was wise to close the thread before things got out of hand. I was about to jump in with both feet and a copious amount of outrage. That would not have been a good or pretty thing to read.

He is well into "geezerhood" and more than a little cranky. I am only a couple of years behind him in age, but several years ahead in cranky. as my wife would say..."That is just the way of it". With age, we tend to have less patience with the sillier side of human nature.