PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 swiss stutzen (single shot)

the other DWS
10-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm just starting to search out data here for target loads (ASSRA 200 yd offhand schuetzen) for a 7.5x55 Swiss 'stutzen" rifle. this is a Hammerelli/martini action target singleshot. the swiss shot'em mostly with issued ammo and mine is one of the later 4-groove rifles that can use the more modern 7.5 swiss loads rather than the pre-1900 version. however it has a tight bore and I hate to use standard 30-06/308 bullets, though CB could be sized down of course

I know some of you made some group buys of moulds for the 7.5 swss bullet some time back. If any are floating around I'd be very interested.

ASSRA rules prohibit gas checks, plain based bullets only but I could have the GC groove reamed out.

If anyone else is shooting one of these old single shots I'd be happy to learn from their experience.

madsenshooter
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I can't offer any load data DW, but I just emailed you a couple pics of the K31 group buy bullet. Contact Blammer here, they do small group buys, where you only need 4 other purchasers, or they may have one on hand. They could fix you right up on a plain based one. Also, there's a lot of fellows have molds from Lyman that cast small on the boreriding nose, if you know your bore diameter, one of them might work for you. Good luck.