PDA

View Full Version : Positive Feedback 4 Several Posters

omgb
09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Over the course of the last couple of months, I've had business transactions or assistance from several guys on this forum. I'd like to acknowledge them as they most certainly represent the kind of integrity and gentlemanly ethics that this world is so sorely lacking. The are, in no particular order, Obsessd1958, McLintock, rbstern, garandsrus, Jon K, Buckshot and TexPete. Gentlemen, I salute you! I rate our dealings an A+++++++++++

Thank You,

R J Talley

357maximum
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Every member I have had the honor to do BUSSINESS with on this board rates a big A++++++++ also, they are too many to mention, so I will just say that there is an excellent mix of good people here..

Sure there has been a very limited amout of snakes in the grass, but they seem to show their true colors rather quick, and dissapear....

This is THEE BEST PLACE on the web. and when I am here I feel a connection I have never experienced on any other site....Like minds, like thoughts(mostly), like values= pure pleasure of a place to hang ones hat.

Michael T

waksupi
09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I noticed after the page was down for a couple days. If it wasn't for this room, I could do very well without the internet!~

Char-Gar
09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
I have had good experience trading with the folks on this board with one exception. This gent wanted a set of 45-70 dies which I sent him. He was supposed to send me a receiver sight in trade.

The sight never showed up after four months. I sent him four PM with a reminded and each time he said he needed to do that and would do with "today". His replies were contridictory in content and nothing every showed up.

It took me a while, but I broke the code and told him so. He is one of the petty cheats that inhabit this world.

He has not posted in a while. Perhaps he has some mental problems, but his posts and pm were lucid.

Buckshot
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
"............I have had good experience trading with the folks on this board with one exception."

"............He is one of the petty cheats that inhabit this world."

As in any group, there's always a couple. For myself to date, and that goes back to Shooters,com, so far it's been 100%.

................Buckshot

felix
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Who is this guy? ... felix

PatMarlin
09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
If there was ever a member in this group I stiffed, I wouldn't want it to be Chargar.. :shock: :mrgreen:

Char-Gar
09-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Felix... I was not going to list his name, but I got a PM from another member who had been stiffed by him as well... so it is a pattern and not an isolated incident. It is the famous Bucks Owin...fitting handle don't you think?

PatMarlin
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I met Bucks one day, and he was kind enough to loan me a reamer, and I've been trying to contact him to return his reamer, but no reply.

Maybe something else going on here, that we don't about?

Though I don't know him, he seems like a pretty good guy.

Char-Gar
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Pat... There is always the chance the guys got some mental problems. You can't rule that out. In the early stages of some forms of dementia, you are clear as a bell one day and goofy as a loon the next.

I don't want to call a sick man a cheat. If he is indeed sick, he can have that set of dies and an apology as well....but until I know something else, I calls em the way I see em!

I once knew a lawyer who developed alzheimers. He lost his ability to do work, but would go down to the office every day and sit there all alone. He did this for seven years and his wife knew nothing about it. When he finally crashed, he had gone though all his resources trying to run a bluff for his wife all of those years.. sad, very, very, sad.

So...you never know for certain.

7br
09-25-2006, 12:15 PM
I am the other member that contacted Chargar. Not sure what is going with Bucks, but I hope things haven't got him too far down. I also hope I have been reasonable. I try to give everyone a benefit of a doubt, but Chargar's description sounded too close to my experience. I pm'ed Chargar and got a confirmation.

My deal has drug out three months and is valued under $25.00. Just happens though that Brownells charges about $25 for a blank, steel weaver mount I need for a project. I have someone lined out to do the CAD modeling and I have a friend that does cnc machining.

I will post if the situation is rectified. I will continue to do business with people on this board.

In the meantime, does anyone have a line on a steel blank weaver mount? I plan on getting a 10" piece of stock and having 3 1895 Chilean mauser Scout mounts machined. I am hoping on using one and selling the other two.

StarMetal
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Boy, those Texas boys shar are tuff. Don't blame tho charger. Now that you fellows mentioned it, I haven't seen ole bucks on much.

Dang nab it, as I type this post I noticed I tramped in some dog poop, boy oh boy, better clean that up before the Gunnery gets me.

Joe

Buckshot
09-25-2006, 07:40 PM
..............From Bucks Owin, posted 9-6:

"Hang in there folks, the results from the matches are forthcoming. Just have to track down my daughter who has "borrowed" my digicam....(and probably go to town for new batteries...)

The drawing for the loading block will be this coming weekend....

Dennis

(who's been a little "off his feed" the last couple days...)

...............His last post was 9-8. I sure hope he's okay. I'll try an e-mail if I can.

.............Buckshot

obssd1958
09-30-2006, 12:19 AM
First,

Thanks Reece for the kind words. I am very happy with the 'flinter, and I haven't even got to shoot it yet!!:-D
I also have had only POSITIVE experiences dealing with the fine folks that frequent this forum!!

Second,

Buckshot, did you get any reply back from Bucks? I don't have any problem with him, (seems like a nice guy), I'm just concerned/curious...

Don

PatMarlin
09-30-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm Not directing this at Bucks...

People on these internet forums always put their bests face on, and try to be all honorable and everything, and great deal are in real life, but then thar's those that aren't.

You never really know the man behind the curtain till you get to know em' face to face I guess, but there's many folks I know online, I would bet are as good of folks as they seem.

Take me for instance...

Everyone who knows me knows I'm just Pat, and what you see is what you get. But you can't see me.. LOL! :bigsmyl2:

robertbank
09-30-2006, 11:10 PM
"Everyone who knows me knows I'm just Pat, and what you see is what you get. But you can't see me"

Unt you vould be surprized vat vee can see...you yankee devil! Not only the Shadow knows but zoe do vee.....:mrgreen:

Take Care

Bob

PatMarlin
09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
What do you guys eat in Canada Bob?.. :confused: :mrgreen:

I mean it wouldn't be apple pie... no. Wouldn't be chinese or mexican, cause you ain't one of them... :mrgreen:

Maybe muskrats or beavers?.. :mrgreen:

omgb
10-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Seems to me a great deal of beaver gets eaten just about every where.[smilie=1:

mag_01
10-01-2006, 10:19 AM
OMGB---Im all for that--count me in------just joking ---- Be good to the beavers after all---well you know-------Mag

PatMarlin
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Seems to me a great deal of beaver gets eaten just about every where.[smilie=1:

Tender beaver, or tough beaver?

:mrgreen:

omgb
10-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Here in the PRK beaver was trapped out a looooooong time ago. However, we have plenty of "bearded clam"