PDA

View Full Version : firewood for soldiers family

Firebricker
10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I got a great chance to help a soldier's family saturday. Please understand I'm not trying toot my own horn but am passing this on because it's a great idea that could catch on. A friend of mine called and told me his church had plans Saturday to help two family's with husand/father's in afganistan.

I work out of town a lot and know what it's like to worry about the family running out of wood. So I can't image having to be half way around the world worring about it. They split the group in half and got both families a good pile of wood split and stacked. I think it's a great thing to do that could be a big help to our soldier's family's that heat with wood. FB

home in oz
10-10-2010, 10:37 PM
That was a very good thing to do.

Thank-you,

jmsj
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Firebricker,
That was a great thing you did. You deserve our gratitude.
jmsj

Dean D.
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Awesome FB, I salute and thank you! Wish more folks stepped up like that.

Firebricker
10-10-2010, 11:30 PM
The thank's definately goes out to our soldier's and their families for risk's and sacrafices they make. The family my group cut for won't get there husband/father back till April. That sure made me relize a few hour's of my time was the very least I could do. FB

timkelley
10-11-2010, 10:32 AM
FB, thank you. I've been that GI stuck away somewhere.

bruce drake
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Although my family is safely staged in Atlanta for this deployment, I wanted tell you thank you as well for that Soldier.

DIRT Farmer
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
As the father of for now only one soldier who is state side and being a farmer, farm work, works if the family is togather. I give thanks for the neighbors who steped in and left me with less to worry about with one over seas. I think it is harder to be the parent of a soldier than to be one. To you and to the guys who step in to fix cars and houses, chase hogs and cattle, help plant, haul grain, fix fences, go to ball games to cheer kids on when Dad or mom is deployed, and go to church to pray for them and their families, Thank you every one and may God smile on you and yours.

Tazman1602
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Thank you FB. My buddies and I frequently (and MORE frequently in recent years....) usually get together a few times a year to get firewood for less fortunately families, single moms who are working and trying to make it, and older people who can no longer cut their own firewood.

Doing things like this give me personally more pleasure than a fifth of Jack Daniels.

You rock Pal!! Since you won't toot your own horn, let me toot it for you "TOOT TOOOOOT"!

Art