PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help. I would like you opinion on this trail cam picture.

Trey45
10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
This picture was taken 1/2 mile from my house, back in the swamp behind the house here. If it is what we suspect it to be, it's the first sighting of its kind here EVER.

This is the only picture.

What do you think it is. We all have our suspicions as to what we think it is here, but there's no way it could be what we think it is. What say you?

Doby45
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
It is some kind of puma, cougar, mountain lion.

frankenfab
10-10-2010, 04:27 PM
It is some kind of puma, cougar, mountain lion.

+1, for sure

KCSO
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Felis Concolor Prime example they are coming back all over, some as pet raised and dumped.

Gunaria
10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
That's a big kitty cat! For sure it's a cougar. Seen them myself in the wild to say for sure.

Frozone
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM
without scale it's hard to say. The ears aren't right for a big cat, too pointed. Eye socks aren't quite right either,too large. The body looks to long in the chest area and too thin in the belly.
You got Boxer dogs in the area?

http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/Images/castBoolitsID.jpg

Notice the dark snout, the light patch between the eyes and the darker nose, the round forehead?

oneokie
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
It is a cat. A short haired cat.

1911sw45
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Sure looks like a mountain lion to me.

gray wolf
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Can we say --- MeOw

fryboy
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM
while to all appearances it looks like a puma it could be a bobcat however all that aside look for spoor or tracks , they said we didnt have any here either - for years - many had seen them and a few tracks but the fish and game said nope , until they found one they didnt exist ( as if) thing is until they said " they pass thru " and made it illegal to kill one we had open season [dratz]

LEADHOPPER
10-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks like a good sized Bobcat. The way the ears look make me believe that is what it is. Kinda hard to tell, as far as size, being as I do not how tall the undergrowth is a this location.

JIMinPHX
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Either a big cat or a pitbull with trimmed ears.

bhn22
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/006/cache/mountain-lion_637_600x450.jpg

knifemaker
10-10-2010, 05:58 PM
We have both Cougar and bobcats, Lynx, in my area and have seen many in the wild over the years. That is a cougar or mountain lion as some call them. It has the head features of a male cougar.

OutHuntn84
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Looks like you need a bigger letter box! ;)

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
As soon as I saw that I said Mt Lion! (Cougar, Catamount, Panther same-same)

Lots of officials will say "Not here", but they are not usually spotted, even when around, we got quite a few out here, but only saw on once . . .

uncle joe
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
given where you live they would call it a panther, it looks a little big to be a bobcat.

waksupi
10-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Mountain lion.

EOD3
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Next time, put something in frame for size estimation. Obviously a cat and at first glance it looks to be a cougar. How high off the ground is the camera?

Gunload Master
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
+1 mountain lion..

Ajax
10-10-2010, 06:42 PM
My immediate thought was mt. lion aswell.

Andy

azcruiser
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
first thought Tiger ????but the ear would be more round . so cougar or mountain lion seem about right

mongo
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Looks like something that would eat your pets. My brother lives in camden, He thinks his cats are running away,maybe not

cheese1566
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
My money on a mountain lion...

She broke her tooth in the live trap........Awake with a fat guy sitting over her........coming to and starting to crawl...
2596625965 25967

quilbilly
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Except for that pointed ear tip I would say it is just like the cougars in my neighborhood. Wish there was something to judge size in the pic. He seems a bit skinny.

HeavyMetal
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Pictures a little rough to make a decent ID but yes shape of a Mountian Lion but without anything in frame to set size it could be a large Lynx but the ears are wrong.

Not a dog of any kind the jaw shape is wrong!

Just last week we had a column in the local Orange county newspaper documenting the life of a young tagged male. Off on his own he shocked F&G researcher's by crossing not one but two freeways the first big cat to do so in 30 years.

In the end he found himself a RANCH / FARM where the owner actually taught agriculture at the college level. his daughter had spent years raising sheep and beef ( earned 50 grand while she was in school for her college education) and the young male lion decimated the herd in a few nights.

Fish & Game sent out a professional hunter, after all the paper work ( and the animals ) were done, to cap his sorry behind.

Gotta wonder what kind of agriculture teacher doesn't know how to deal with, and or recognize, a predator when it eats his stock!

I remember my granddad having a similar problem. A cat got a couple of his ducks ( he liked duck eggs) before the cat got brave enough to go after the calves he gained 300 grains in the middle of the night ( 30-30 will do that to ya) and he called F&G to come get the carcass.

I recall they sniveled a little bit about Grandad "jumping the gun" on something they would have handled.

Grandad told them they should have handled it before the cat had a duck dinner not after!

I'm going to suggest you not go to change the "film" in that camera alone and that a 357 be the smallest thing you take with you.

Bob Krack
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
One thing I can say for sure is it is NOT an elephant!

The angle of the head and light source can make the head profile a little hard to be certain of but if I were a bettin' man, I'd bet it is a Puma, Mountain Lion, Panther, or any other name you prefer for Cougar.

Lot's of 'em around my home in far northern Kalifornia. Seen 'em many times day and night, while hunting, fishing, camping and even in town.

Bob

waksupi
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
You guys are looking at the head. Look at the chest. Mountain lion.

cheese1566
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
You guys are looking at the head. Look at the chest. Mountain lion.

I agree again. these guys are solid muscle, escpecially those tails- not frail like a house cat.

PLus, ears can look pointed if caught at an angle.

Mountain lions are coming back. A few years ago we only the occasional rare sighting stories, now we have a hunting season on them in the late winter. They will travel far. One of the radio collared ones from the Black Hills went through Minnesota, Wisonsin, and ended up on the east side of Illinois past Chicago.

82nd airborne
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I am a senior in Techs fisheries and wildlife biology program, and dadgum, that is a mt lion.

captaint
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
The Pa Game Commission said , for years "No they're extinct here". People kept showing them pics and they finally said OK, it's a mountain lion. Now people see them often. That's a lion. Mike

Milltown353
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Cougar

PatMarlin
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Mountain Lion. They rule in California.

home in oz
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
It is a Cougar.

The Kansas Fish and Game Bubbas say there are no Cougars in Kansas.

Kinda hard to agree with them when one walked under my tree stand one day.

Rockydog
10-10-2010, 11:57 PM
We are seeing them regularly in W. Central Wis. Predation of livestock has been witnessed. Horses and cattle both. Also showing up on game cams in SE MN. I guess we've got to get competition for the Wolves moving off of Fort McCoy. If Cougars kill enough deer the wolves will retreat north. Yeah right! RD

JIMinPHX
10-11-2010, 12:22 AM
You need to get a better game camera. The modern ones have great resolution, even in the dark.

lwknight
10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Mountain Lion , Couger all the same thing in N.A. The puma is basically the same thing in S.A. Anyway the muzzle is too short for a bobcat. Also the neck is too thick for a bobcat.
FYI, A male couger will roam a 70 mile radius of his home turf and he can cover 70 miles in 1 day. The females have a much shorter hunting ground. They do migrate and expand their territory by leaps and bounds so to speak.

lylejb
10-11-2010, 12:51 AM
sure looks like a cougar to me.

He seems a bit skinny.

Which may be why he moved into the neighborhood. If he couldn't find enough food where he was, he's moved to where the eats are better.

geargnasher
10-11-2010, 12:56 AM
It's a mountain lion. Not a bobcat, they have spots and are built differently. Not a lynx, different body. Wife's family has raised boxers for years, that isn't one. Look at the shoulderblade and chest as Ric pointed out, unmistakable tom cougar.

OR it could be El Chupacabra. :kidding:

Wasn't there a documentary of the Chupacabra in NC, in an area where there were supposed to be no mountain lions? IIRC the investigators recorded night cries, mutilated livestock, etc. and expert testimonials suggested it could only be a cougar of some sort.

Gear

4570guy
10-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Mountain Lion. They are known to be in every county here in the state of Texas - even in populated areas. I see no reason why it would be any different in other parts of the country. They are only seen when they want to be seen.

cbrick
10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
At first glance I'd say cougar but looking at it closer, the ears, eyes and chest look wrong for cougar. For anyone that has seen a cougar in the wild will know the chest is solid muscle unlike the photo where the chest looks flabby.

Rick

Trey45
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input. The trail cam is not mine, the picture was sent to me by my neighbor. I am normally carrying a sidearm anytime I venture into the swamp, now I'm going to be caliber conscious about what I carry back there. I figure it the caliber starts with a 4, I'm good to go.

Wayne Smith
10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Actually, Trey, anything from .22 Mag and up is adequate. I'd be happy with one of my 32-20's.

Trey45
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd be happy with one of your 32-20's too Wayne, when can I come over and pick it up?

:p

Trifocals
10-11-2010, 07:54 PM
My 1st impression is mountain lion.

82nd airborne
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Game and fish says we dont have them here either. We had pictures and alot of dead livestock with the throat, heart, lungs, and liver torn out, as well as claw marks down the back.
Officer: "Sorry sir, probably stray dogs, we dont have mt lions here."
My Dad: " Oh, so its ok if I shoot it next time?"
Officer: "No Sir! Ill have to fine you and take your firearm and other items used for poaching if you kill a mt lion."
My Dad: "But you just said we dont have mt lions here!"
Officer: "Uhhhhh.....I....Uhhh...Hmmm..."

He had to stop by the house later to kill a deer stuck in the fence down the road. Dad asked him why he didnt use his glock. Turns out, he had tried but ran out of bullets before hitting the deer with his .40. It only took dad one shot. sorry to highjack.

Bret4207
10-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Poor picture and I've only seen one lion. One of those lions we "don't have" in NY. Maybe it is, I;d be inclined to listen to Waksupi.

I have little faith in fish and game type biologists. Had a group in front of my house one day tracking grouse. Being the curious, obnoxious type and since they were standing on my lawn I wandered over and inquired about their purpose. We got talking and I mentioned the grouse had been drumming quite a bit lately. The head hound in the group told me grouse didn't drum that time of year and his little minions dutifully nodded. Just as I was about to open my mouth and probably say something rude a grouse started drumming not 75 yards away. He never did explain that.

Sensai
10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Trey, I'm just north of you in Surry County, VA. That looks just like one of the kitties that we don't have up here, too. Our wonderful and knowledgable DGIF representative told us that we didn't have any here, so it must just be some prankster wearing a cougar suit.:roll:

10 ga
10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Considering how widely Cougar travel and the overwhelming prevalance of hound hunting in eastern VA and NC i'd say bobcat or a dog. The chest, muzzle, neck and ears don't look quite kosher for a big cat. When somebody puts one up a tree with hounds then I'll believe. My brother lives in CO and his beagles have treed Cougar out there. My daughter lives in Suffolk, just west of the swamp, and my son in law and I hunt down towards the swamp. Being as the eastern cougar was extinct, I'd say if it is a cougar it's a non-native invasive species. Sorta like those Canadian wolves they turned loose in the American west, non-native invasive species, and a big a55 problem. My $.02! 10 ga

9.3X62AL
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Hallowe'en being so close--it's a coyote headed to a party. :)

My initial impression was "coo-ga", and I'd bet a little folding money on same.

jsizemore
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I've sat in stands and field borders along the Roanoke River between highways 158 &258. Seen about everything but mountain lion or a local turn down a free hotdog dinner. It's just a matter of time though. Probably have to run out of slaw and chili to go on the hotdog first.

grog18b
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Next time... Kill it. Then, we'll know.
:p

DLCTEX
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
According to Game and Fish we don't have them here either, despite numerous sightings, one by yours truly.

cbunt1
10-13-2010, 12:17 PM
According to Game and Fish we don't have them here either, despite numerous sightings, one by yours truly.

Sounds familliar. I've seen with my own eyes...

Mountain Lions (Cougars, panthers, whatever you wanna call em) about 30 miles south of Dallas...along with Wolves.

Although in fairness--I'd seen a couple of wolves when I was a kid...everyone told me I was looney...just a couple of years ago I learned that Fish & Game intentionally released 300 of the critters in Ellis County!

I've also been told that Silver Fox are extinct in Coke County...and I along with 4 others saw them firsthand on several occasions....

Sorry--hijack over.

Point is...just cuz fish&Game says they don't exist doesn't mean they don't exist...

And I concur that it's a Mountian Lion...we could split hairs and determine that it's some kind of a hybrid/crossbreed...but I'd describe it as a Mt. Lion, and argue with anyone who tells me they don't exist in that area!

mroliver77
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
We dont have bear in NW Oh but after repeated sightings and DNR repeating we dont have bears one was hit and killed on the road a county over from me. A few have seen big black cats. They officially dont exist either. I have been told by persons supposedly in the know the DNR has released cats and other predators "unofficially" to lessen the deer population. I can believe it. We finally can bag multiples of deer this year, I bet that will bring the population down. Now if they would lower permit costs and ease up on the Police State mentality.
Jay

AaronJ
10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
looks like a cougar to me. illinois dnr also denies we have them yet a friend of mine damn near hit one on his way home from work. guess it was a figment of his imagination.

Down South
10-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Cougar

JIMinPHX
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I am normally carrying a sidearm anytime I venture into the swamp, now I'm going to be caliber conscious about what I carry back there. I figure it the caliber starts with a 4, I'm good to go.

I'm with you on that one. I used to carry a little j-frame when hiking up around Badger Springs, then one day I ran into a bull in a steep sided wash. I now carry a .44 when I hit the back woods areas up there.

buck1
10-15-2010, 12:04 AM
At first glance I'd say cougar but looking at it closer, the ears, eyes and chest look wrong for cougar. For anyone that has seen a cougar in the wild will know the chest is solid muscle unlike the photo where the chest looks flabby.

Rick

We have both here, they are both very people shy (here anyway).At first I said couger but now, I am with cbrick . After studding the pick for a quite a wile , I am 90% sure thats a Bobcat.
...Buck

buck1
10-15-2010, 12:17 AM
About 30 years ago Game and fish introduced Barbery sheep in to my deer hunting area. five years latter the reported they all died out. Five years after that I saw one still kicking and very healthy. This past satutday me and my youngest were doing some scouting and darn neer steped on a nice one, got a real good look.
This day and age anything could be anywhere....Buck

Dannix
10-15-2010, 12:28 AM
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/006/cache/mountain-lion_637_600x450.jpg
The can vary a bit as far as head shape is concerned.

They're in other southeastern states too. Not officially though -- I guess they didn't get the memo.

edsmith
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
looks like some kind of bulldog to me, head is too fat for a cougar. I do have 2 of the cats under my belt, in kalif. when they had a bounty on them. ed

TDB9901
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Yep. One of those cats we don't have in these parts either.

crappiejig
10-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Well,, This thread definately has opened my eyes. I'm not that far away. I'll be packing a little more insurance from now on!

S.R.Custom
10-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Tigger!

The Fish & Game Department may say they don't exist, but the woodland creatures couldn't care less for the white man's law & order...

shootingbuff
10-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Looks like a cougar. 357 with PD loads will work well on it.

FL has a lot of cougars to show us white folks. Suspect it wouldn't be all that hard to migrate or for someone to lose one as a pet or figure out it is better in the wild and let lose. Maybe one escaped a circus or zoo, Hell who knows or cares. Stay watchful. I would get it out of the area one way or the other. Regardless what it turns out to be. Stay alert-stay alive.

bbailey7821
10-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Nice fat ol' girl. Not a pet, she has her claws. Sure would look nice hangin on my wall, though...

bbailey7821
10-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Got one in New Mexico about the same size back in the 80's. Had to track that sucker about 25 of the hardest miles I've ever traveled...on the back of a persnickedy old gelding

Down South
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Appears to be a cougar. I've seen my share of them when I was younger. I haven't seen one in years now. Oh, the Wildlife and Fisheries said we didn't have them in our area either.

10-23-2010, 10:38 PM
The only caveat is the unknown scale... but. Sure looks like a Mtn. Lion to me. Worked with the things 27 yrs.

Down South
10-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes a scale comparison like this one would help.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes a scale comparison like this one would help.

When did you realize you had company?

Trey45
10-24-2010, 10:25 AM

My guess would be shortly before he needed new pants.

Down South
10-24-2010, 10:27 AM
The guy in the pic supposedly set his camera up with the timer set. He ran back behind the bull and got the pic. He viewed the pic the next morning and had to make a second trip to the bathroom.

runfiverun
10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
that don't look quite right to me.
at first look it looks like an older mtn. lion, but it looks off.
the mouth looks wrong, the chest looks kinda right.
and the white line looks okay.
but the shoulders and legs don't look right.

RP
10-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Well they say we dont have any Mt lions around here over and over again but they keep being seen. One has been killing livestock and animal control was called. They were told it was not a Mt lion so the guy said so I can shoot it they told him no Mt lions were protected. He should have said well its not one we dont have them so I shoot it must just be a house cat. I have been told if one is in the area alot of dogs will go missing.

Down South
10-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Cows are dang sure scared of em. One night years ago not long after my wife and I first married we had a trailer house in a cow pasture. The pasture was about 150 acres with about 60 head of cattle on it. My wife woke me up late one night saying that there was a woman screaming down in the pasture. When I heard it I said nope, Cougar. I got my light and gun and opened the door of the trailer house for a look see. I couldn't get out the door when I opened it. All of the cows had scrunched in as close to the trailer house as they could. I could have walked on their backs they were so close.

jsizemore
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
I talked to a fella today about the trail cam pic and he said mountain lion/ cougar.

He said there was a confirmed sighting of a mountain lion at the Tar River dam outside of Rocky Mount, NC.

Another friend said he was sitting in a stand on Fishing Creek in Nash County, NC and one walked under his tree stand. He said no bobcat has a long tail. I agree.

azcruiser
10-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Like in that move hangover man THAT A TIGER-Does Mike Tyson live near you ??

shootingbuff
10-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Got one in New Mexico about the same size back in the 80's. Had to track that sucker about 25 of the hardest miles I've ever traveled...on the back of a persnickedy old gelding

Used to take the boys hiking above White Sands Missile Range NM and there were warnings of sightings. Even in the Franklin mountains around El Paso.

As a younger in the 7th grade my dad and I saw one driving the back roads one Sunday where they were not supposed to be.

Near a buddies of mine a guy had a cougar about 30 yrs ago as a pet. Wonder how that worked out....

Digger
10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
When you see one ....:shock:
One night a few years back ( oh no ! bed time story !) ....here in Lake Tahoe area ...
Driving home after a night at the locals place ... coming down a long twisty mountain road they call Kingsbury grade , ... snow so deep that the road had vertical walls 5..6 feet ....out of the shadows a mountain lion came into the road ! ..
Didn't see him jump off of the side , he just flew down out of the dark into my lane in front of my truck by only twenty feet or so and bounded over to the other lane once and up onto the the opposite bank and was gone into the dark ......WHAT THE ..**## !! ... as I was locking up my brakes , sliding side ways ..
While I was sitting there wondering what they had put in my drink ...just a little stunned !
Believe me , once you see one ....and yes that pic is a mountain lion...
And people around here only see the bears ....HA !!

diggerrrrrrr

shootingbuff
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Interesting a buddy back home this afternoon called to give me his new cell number. He told me his SIL used a game camera and caught a cougar on digits a couple of days ago and that a neighbour a couple of weeks ago reported a cougar in the back yard.

I had said nothing up to this point about this thread. Amazing!

azcruiser
10-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I was calling for coyotes one day and called in a mountain lion .Unlike coyotes which when they sometimes come in full bore or jalivina and you can hear them coming those big cats don't make a sound.He was there with me with my mouth open then he was gone .Then the shaking starts and the walk back to the truck in the dark SWEAR they everywhere once the sun goes down at least in my head

preparehandbook
10-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Mountain lion, without a doubt.

I live in northern california and we are having tons of problems with these, I've seen plenty on game cameras and in person. We also get lynx and bobcats, no ear tufts=no linx, head is wrong shape for a bobcat.

BTW, they like to eat cats, dogs, and people and get WAY bigger than fish and game will admit.

Down South
10-29-2010, 07:29 AM
I was trailed twice by Cougars. (For some reason we called them panthers back in those days although they were brown) Once, I had one trail me to my deer stand, bad mistake. The other, stalked would be a better term. I was coming from my deer stand after dark with about 1 1/2 miles back to the camp. The cat stayed just off to my right side in the woods. I got a couple glimpses of it but most of the time when I would shine in its direction it would either close its eyes or look the other way. I could hear the cat walking in the water off to the side of me when I would stop to listen. I figured enough was enough and levered a few rounds in its direction. The cat left.

chaos
10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
100% sure its a Bobcat. Pointy ears and splotches on his neck.

PatMarlin
10-29-2010, 10:03 AM
My buddy had a stand off with a BIG cat a 2 weeks ago with a shovel. No firearm. Right in broad daylight. He was digging concrete footings at his homesite.

The cat was totally fearless. They stared each other down within 20' and he said the cat looked at him like, "OK- I'm letting you win this one", slowly turned and walked away.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm wondering if it was rabid . . . ? (Do they get rabies?)

Good reason to always have a gun handy . . . :Fire: SSS =Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up!

firefly1957
10-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes they get rabies and loud sounds disturb animals with rabies stopping work may of been the reason it left but then again if this is a new house he might be reminding you he was here first!
Oh sleep well he is still watching from the shadows....I should be ashamed But I have been stalked by something in camp for four hours suspect it was a bear but who knows what is in the U.P. of Michigan did not sleep well that night. Next morning we found a single bear track 50 yds from camp but no other tracks just a few broken branches (stepped on by our visitor) and my Lab did not seem to smell anything either ?

dualsport
10-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, it's a cougar, but it's dead, poorly mounted by some home taxidermist, placed there for a picture hoax. There's no cougars in that area.

BOOM BOOM
10-29-2010, 11:17 PM
HI,
COUGAR, & yes I have seen a few. Never got a shot darn.:Fire::Fire:

PatMarlin
10-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I always wondered how animals knew how to respect state boundries and the DFG.

PatMarlin
10-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes they get rabies and loud sounds disturb animals with rabies stopping work may of been the reason it left but then again if this is a new house he might be reminding you he was here first!
?

It's a new homesite, but there's another house within 50 yards and more in the area so the kitty, kitty was just cruising through. I worry about my dogs coming in contact with rabid animals. I've got 2 big dogs and they're always chasing critters off.

dualsport
10-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I was kidding. But that might be a good way to mess with your neighbors.

a.squibload
10-30-2010, 05:33 PM
MIL near Mena AR had a cougar living in the garden, nice bed pushed down.
They got family together and mowed the property to save their chickens.

shagg
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Lachupacabre? jersey devil?

firefly1957
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Patmarlin the gall of some wild animals my small dog wanted to go out last fall and there was a large bobcat in yard I yelled at it and it just growled at me I looked him over and he had about a third of his hair missing from mange so I medicated it with a 190 gr lead pill. Am not sure if he was just sick or that mean but he took off like i'd missed and I didn't.

geargnasher
10-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Lachupacabre? jersey devil?

Beatchatoit.

Gear

a.squibload
11-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Maybe poopacabra. Any trail sign?

GOPHER SLAYER
11-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Face too long for bobcat and not nearly enough fur around neck and face. I have seen several bobcat in my area but the only cougers I have seen had been killed on the highway by traffic.

S30
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like something very capable of killing me.

Damn nature, you scary!

XIT
11-20-2010, 03:12 PM
That is all cougar. No question. They are near everywhere in Saskatchewan and Alberta now. :popcorn:

AkMike
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Is there any chance that you can get a measurement of the stump in the forground to get the scale of the critter?