PDA

View Full Version : Minox Scopes?

1Shirt
10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
A friend recently recommended Minox scopes. Don't know anything about them. Anybody out there have one and if so, what is your opinion?
1Shirt!:coffee:

tonyjones
10-09-2010, 02:06 PM
1Shirt,
I have not heard anything about Minox producing rifle scopes. As you may know, Minox is known for cameras and binoculars. A few years ago they were acquired by Leica. Minox has a reputation for very good quality for the price. Their binoculars are popular among the bird watching community. If Minox brought out a line of scopes I expect that they would represent a good value. The sport optics market is somewhat crowded right now. Some years ago Leica introduced an American line of scopes that were assembled by Leupold. I examined two of the models and optically, they were a big disappointment. A Leica/Minox scope introduction in the U.S. would surprise me. Could your friend have been referring to Meopta? I have one (1x4 with illuminated reticle) and it is excellent.
Tony

Maineboy
10-10-2010, 07:48 AM
It looks like they are fairly new on the market. Midway and Optics Planet sell Minox riflescopes and a Bing search turned up other dealers as well.