PDA

View Full Version : Dillon and Hornady

buck1
10-06-2010, 02:01 AM
The other day I needed some warranty parts for a SDB and Pro-jector. I E-mailed both Dillon and Hornady at the same time. A few days ago I got the Dillon parts in at no charge. Hornady sent me a E mail , matter of factly telling me to call in my order.
How hard can it be to , pass it on to the order person. Dillon didnt seem to have any trouble.
And get this, I gave no part #s to dillon but I DID give the #s and discription to Hornady.
When their phones are open I am at work and cant call.[smilie=b:
I am thinking I may have enugh red stuff and may need more blue and green....Buck :popcorn:

ReloaderFred
10-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Hornady provides great service. In fact, they completely rebuilt a Hornady Pro-Jector press for me for free, including shipping. Any replacement parts I've needed have been sent at no charge. Call them old fashioned, but they prefer telephone calls, since they sometimes need additional information. Besides, their answering message is funny.

I've dealt with Dillon for parts, too, and have received them, but it's always via telephone, though I must have gotten one of their reps on a bad day on one call, since he was a rude individual and told me to call back later.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Bret4207
10-06-2010, 06:32 AM
IME it's all in the luck of the draw. I've heard horror stories about Dillon, Lyman, Hornady, Redding. RCBS, Lee. I've never gotten good service from RCBS, everyone else raves about it. I did get decent service from Lyman, but had to pay for it. Got good service from Redding too.

In truth, we're living in the golden age of reloading/casting. Be darn happy we have access to the outstanding, well made, labor easing and relatively inexpensive gear and components we do.

PatMarlin
10-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Buck is one of my best customers. Good thing I'm on his good side... I hope ..:mrgreen:

Recluse
10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
IME it's all in the luck of the draw. I've heard horror stories about Dillon, Lyman, Hornady, Redding. RCBS, Lee. I've never gotten good service from RCBS, everyone else raves about it. I did get decent service from Lyman, but had to pay for it. Got good service from Redding too.

In truth, we're living in the golden age of reloading/casting. Be darn happy we have access to the outstanding, well made, labor easing and relatively inexpensive gear and components we do.

Agree completely. Went through a spell where I got really bad customer service from Lyman, but as of late, seems to be picking up.

You're dealing with people, and when it comes to customer service, unfortunately most businesses just don't put much emphasis on it. When they have outstanding customer service employees, they don't reward them.

It really IS the luck of the draw.

:coffee:

buck1
10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Buck is one of my best customers. Good thing I'm on his good side... I hope ..:mrgreen:

Heck Pat , Your so AWSOME you make them all look bad!![smilie=p:

BD
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Hornady, RCBS and Lyman have all sent me replacements for any parts broken or worn out on my presses and/or dies promptly, at no charge, and with no whining. I can't think of another industry with anything like that level of customer service. The only time I talked to Dillon was long ago when I considered buying a 650. This was before they started distributing through other dealers and the person I got on the phone turned me off so badly that I never looked back. I still get the blue press though.

I give Hornady high marks for having the most amusing automated phone answering messages I've ever heard. And it always leads to a real person at the end. Well worth the call even if you don't need anything.

BD

PatMarlin
10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes- the Blue Press. That's a GOOD magazine. I never know what they're talking about but the pictures ....:mrgreen:

jdberger
10-07-2010, 03:13 AM
I drink the blue kool-aide.

I've broken parts due to operator error. When I call Dillon, they take a CC number to charge me for the replacement. When the replacement arrives, the invoice always states, "No Charge".

About 10 years ago one of the managers took me on a tour of the factory in Scottsdale. Climbing around on the helicopters and especially in the minigun pod was definitely a highlight.

Dillon's good people.

lwknight
10-07-2010, 03:29 AM
My B.I.L. called Dillon one time and asked the lady if she was in any of the pictures.
She said " No silly , those are professional models"

All in all I think nearly all companies are working on customer service. Its always that way when the economy is in the toilet. If it ever gets blowing and going again , I bet the service goes back in the toilet for most venders.

wistlepig1
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes- the Blue Press. That's a GOOD magazine. I never know what they're talking about but the pictures ....:mrgreen:

Oh yes, the pictures! What does Dillion sale:bigsmyl2:

PatMarlin
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
That one sandy blonde they had for months. Historically- I've never really been into blondes but that girl ROCKS! .... 8-)

Another one that rolls my brass is the blonde- "Princess Grace" lookalike on "MadMen".

Holy cow- when she was blastn' the neighbors homing pigeons with a Red Rider I about fell out of my recliner... :mrgreen:

August
10-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I've owned and used both.

I have had occasion to ask for help from both.

I have received excellent service from both.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.