PDA

View Full Version : Different night at the range

cheese1566
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Went to chronograph and try out some cast loads. The range was quiet until four men came in and started shooting fast and figured they weren't from around my neck of the woods.

When I was done I approached them and said hi. Turns out one was Grand Master pro shooter Glenn Higdon of the Bar-Sto Precision team. The other gents were from the Bar-Sto shop. One was shooting alongside Higdon and they were prepping for Las Vegas next week. As it turns out, Bar-Sto has moved to Sturgis which is a short 15 minutes down the interstate. Cool beans! very nice gentleman and let me shoot a hi-cap magazine in one of the unlimited race guns. They are in the process of getting the new shop set up and graciously offered a shop tour when they get going.
I offered to run a broom and dust if I can learn machining from them...

docone31
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Wow, what an opportunity!
Even to watch them work, a person can learn a lot.
Makes that area even more attractive.

Echo
10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
We learn from those who can do it better than we...

HeavyMetal
10-06-2010, 01:27 AM
It was sad to learn they moved out of 29Palms a few weeks ago but as I told Irv when we spoke on the phone, he is replacing a barrel for me under warranty, I certainly understand the draw in Stugis!

Bar Sto has been the premier barrel maker in pistols since day one of IPSC shooting. Irv senior fitted the barrel in my original 45 and it is still going strong today!

I'd sweep that shop just to listen in!