PDA

View Full Version : Golden boolit nominies

bearcove
10-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I nominate Swede Nelson.

He has set up a custom mold service, that has made some excellent molds. When Lee was failing.

.30/30 Guy
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
How about Bullshop for Bullplate.

Or PatMarlin for the PB Checkmaker.

Both gread advances in cast boolits.

imashooter2
10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm opposed to any commercial enterprise being so rewarded. No disrespect intended to the individuals mentioned.

btroj
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
And Felix greatly advanced the science, if not the art, of shooting cast bullets.
Felix also had a long history on this site.
Nothing against these other people as they have all contributed but awards that are given out a lot tend to lose significance and meaning. One person per year might be ok but no more than that.
Just mt opinion.

Brad

lylejb
10-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I nominate Ken, 45 nut.

By founding this site, he's facilitated the open exchange of information and the education of thousands in the art and science of casting.

He's the reason we're all here, He's the reason HERE is here.

As far as I know, he's never asked a dime for himself, or for any of the recognition he deserves.

RBak
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I would like to nominate Doug (Floodgate) one of the most knowledgeable persons to ever visit this board and, much like Felix, a person who has provided tons of very, very helpful and useful information to this forums membership.

I feel confident that all of the "old timers" remember this man and the effort he has put forth to the Cast Boolit community.

Russ

crabo
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Nothing against these other people as they have all contributed but awards that are given out a lot tend to lose significance and meaning. One person per year might be ok but no more than that.
Just my opinion.

Brad

I agree. Let the award mean something.

geargnasher
10-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll pile on that, to Crabo. It's kinda like a Lifetime Achievement Award.

As to those mentioned and many other great conributors that come to mind (like Glen Fryxell, for example, though his contributions are more indirect than here on this site), their time will come.

Gear

montana_charlie
10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Are you guys talking about the gold and silver 'boolit(s)' which appear in threads, under a member's username?

Each silver boolit indicates the member has posted a thousand times, and a gold one indicates five thousand posts.

The golden boolit is not an 'award', it's just a substitute for a number.

CM

imashooter2
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Are you guys talking about the gold and silver 'boolit(s)' which appear in threads, under a member's username?

Each silver boolit indicates the member has posted a thousand times, and a gold one indicates five thousand posts.

The golden boolit is not an 'award', it's just a substitute for a number.

CM

No, we are talking about the Golden Boolit Award as recently presented to Felix.

PatMarlin
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I nominate BackAssward John.

Doby45
10-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I concur. But I do not even think it should be once a year. It needs to be maintained as a "special" award. How many of us sit back and complain about how things are NOW with children's athletics. When did this junk start where everyone on the team has to get a trophy every year. Regardless if they came in first or last. It tarnishes the whole meaning of the concept of a trophy. There no longer is any value in having trophies, even the losers have them.

For MC:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=94269

Red River Rick
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Try clicking the "GOLDEN BULLIT" itself.

Seems like Ken and Willy have other reasons for awarding this as well.

RRR

akajun
10-07-2010, 12:58 PM
bt sniper

JeffinNZ
10-07-2010, 09:26 PM
How about we issue a golden bullet to everyone to say the bickering and elitism?

montana_charlie
10-08-2010, 01:29 PM

RRR
Interesting information...

Recluse
10-08-2010, 01:35 PM

RRR

I read it when I saw the first Golden Boolit above a longtime member's avatar.

I have ZERO problems with Ken and Willy's thinking. ZERO.

Cast Boolits has never been the place for petty bickering or envy or "I'm as good as you are" attitudes, and that is not what the Golden Boolit is about.

It's an appreciation from Ken, especially, to those members who have quietly supported this site by word, mouth and deed.

:coffee:

45nut
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
It's an appreciation from Ken, especially, to those members who have quietly supported this site by word, mouth and deed.

That is exactly correct.

I do have a short list of folks deserving of this already and the contributions are not singled to a list, but rather my or Willy's selections as exemplary and beyond the simply great, but way past.

This award is going to members that have enlightened and supported us all and my personal thanks.

bearcove
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Sounds good to me. But I think if you ask the small vendors, money doesn't explain their endevours.

94Doug
10-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Buckshot....if he doesn't have one yet.

walltube
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I would like to nominate Doug (Floodgate) one of the most knowledgeable persons to ever visit this board and, much like Felix, a person who has provided tons of very, very helpful and useful information to this forums membership.

I feel confident that all of the "old timers" remember this man and the effort he has put forth to the Cast Boolit community.

Russ

I for one miss "etagdoolf" knowledgeable and interesting contributions on the history of 'Ideal' and 'Lyman' tools. We are the poorer here at CastBoolits with Doug's absence.

If there is to be a Golden Boolit award for being Gentlemen, Doug and Felix are most deserving.

Be of Good Cheer,
Wt.