PDA

View Full Version : Coffee with Carl ( boatman )

gray wolf
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Well I'm happy to say that Carl --we know him as chboats sent me a PM to let me know he was in Maine. Well not only in Maine but in my back yard ( almost )
So we met for coffee today, The two of us and the little women.
We chatted for about 45 Min. and the girls had some time to chat while they walked Ashly and Sophie. Men ! Carl is one nice person, a pleasure to talk to and very knowledgeable about casting and shooting cast. I wish we had more time to talk but he was on his way to New Hampshire. Long way from his home in Ca.
I am so glad I accepted his offer to meet. This was the first time I had a face to face with another member. He was happy to see our new old truck and was glad he was a part of it.
If anyone has a chance to meet other Cast bullet folks don't pass it up.
Carl if your out there it was a great time having coffee and talking bullets.
Have a safe rest of your trip and get home safe and sound. [smilie=w:

Sam

chboats
10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Well I finally got on line. Here is the picture of Sam and I in Oquossoc. (I'm the fat bald headed one with the hat) It was great talking to you Sam. Like you, you are the first person from Cast Boolits that I have met in person. where I shoot I am the only one that cast my own so it was great to talk boolits. we have been touring Maine for the last few days. Every person we have met and delt with have been as friendly as they could be and Sam and Julie are no excption. It was great talking with you, Just wish we would have had more time to spend there.

Carl

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/chboats/G%20stuff/IMG_0797s1.jpg

gray wolf
10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Yup a nice time for me also.

Hey folks I'm not that gray haired it was just the angle of the Sun.

Sam

hoosierlogger
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
You should have snapped a pic with the truck!!! I have met a couple of folks from the board. Id welcome any of you into my home.

Bret4207
10-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Nice picture, looks like it'd fit on any Post Office wall!:bigsmyl2:

44man
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
How great can it get?
I have met and now shoot and hunt with many I met on this site.
I would have coffee, beer or booze with any one of you at any time.
The very worst thing about the net is the distance between us!

testhop
10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
gray wolf the sun hu .
i will have to use that about the spare tire i carry .