PDA

View Full Version : Couple of new moulds

stocker
09-19-2006, 02:24 PM
While running an ad looking for 350482 and 358318 I got a reply from a gent saying he had a near new 358009 and would I be interested? I already have one and am so pleased with it I wanted a spare and the price was good so it is in my hands today and appears unused although he said he had cast 200 boolits with it. Should be able to run both moulds together and increase production

Also a new NEI meehanite 348-250 arrived yesterday and if anything it is an improved (platen) version of the 350482 so that search is ended. The NEI mould is quality work and has a lot of heft (metal) to the blocks. Should hold temperature well and run very smoothly. My first NEI mould but it won't be my last based on the quality of this one.

Sometimes things just sort of fall together and you come up smelling like a rose.

475/480
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I like NEI also, I have an Aluminum (5 cav) .431- 340 WFNGC coming and a (6 cav) 41 cal mould coming from NEI.
Good shooting.
Sean

Jack Stanley
09-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I've always been happy with the molds I get from NEI . It's good to hear you are getting treated good as well .:-D

Jack

stocker
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Jack: Yes, treated darn good including delivery when he said it would be. Only a bit longer than 2 weeks from El Paso to B.C.. I was lucky to have a friend a bit north of me acquire one of the same moulds a short time back. He supplied me with a good quantity of boolits for testing and I liked the results a lot. Friend generously offered to lend me his when wanted but I decided it was one I had to have in my own pile of goodies. His drops at .350 which is about perfect for the 348 Win. Manufacturer said mine would probably do the same as all same cherry.

Buckshot
09-20-2006, 01:01 AM
......................I sure don't see why Lyman doesn't bring the 358009 back out. Heck they could make one run (however many that is) and sell'em on E-bay for at least a hundred scooties each. They bring outrageous money there.

...............Buckshot