PDA

View Full Version : Ammo price going up

lwknight
10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
I have seen several posts saying that ammo prices are going up again because the copper prices have hit a 2 year high.

Alls I can say is " We don't need no stinking copper"

Oh well.. I have to admit that where I hunt , a 400 yard shot is a good shot so I really need the 3000 fps capabitities of copper. However , I may shoot 2 or 3 of these "J:" bullets in 1 season so if they cost even a bizzare $5.00 per each , its still cheap enough.

Its just soo cool to be immune to high ammo prices for the most part. I can still shoot mt 38s and 9mm at under $2.50 per 50 box while everyone else pays $10.97 to your imagination.

I can shoot my 38-55 for less than $0.10 per round. Its just coolness at its best.

Jack Stanley
10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
When copper goes up it seems as though brass , lead and the others follow . While I shoot do shoot cast , rimfire ammo is still something I need to buy from the marketplace . Primers we all use are subject to the cost of materials as well and I really don't know if I have what you'd call a lifetime supply of cases but I'm trying to make them last as long as possible .

There are enough people trying to save the whales , maybe we could start a save the copper movement and start paper patching clinics everywhere . Then move on to starting small industries and employ people rolling paper on lead . D'yuh think it'll go ? [smilie=s:

Jack

10 ga
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
$4 or $5 per pop ammo is here. Just price the good shotgun slug ammo. $21 to $27 per 5 pack. Rest of the mfgd. ammo can't be far behind. So for my .50 ML per shot cost = cap .08, Kix or Black diamond powder .12, cast rb .05, patch .01, thats $.26 For $20 I can shoot all day. Of course that's slow fire. LOL Guess Obammie is not happy with me saving money instead of pumping the economy. I can even walk to my range. 10 ga

Charlie Two Tracks
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
It is nice to be able to roll your own. They will never be able to find out just how many rounds a guy has loaded up and stored all over the place.

lwknight
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Especially when your bullets are in the form of lead bricks in the south 40 somewhere.

Ole
10-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm glad I have (among other things) a good air rifle. :mrgreen:

starreloader
10-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Dumped 500 lbs of #1 copper today, got $3.18 a lbs.... Yes copper it is going back up again... I'm sure brass won't be far behind... China is probably causing the price rise again, same as they did last fall and winter.

Papa Jack
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Ohhhhh great ! Copper is going up again.....Around here the thieves take anything thats copper nailed down or not. New housing developments get the wiring stolen faster than they can wire the houses !
When Aluminum prices were up they were steeling anything, including the aluminum framed windows and bleacher seats from the football and baseball fields at the parks and schools ...
Ya know if we didn't send all our American jobs to China they wouldn't have anything to build out of all that Copper and aluminum. Well, except for bullets and aircraft........Papa Jack