PDA

View Full Version : vertical grip rifle stocks

RU shooter
10-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Not really a cast boolit question but I didnt know where else to ask this. Anyways I have never shot with one just your normal PG and straight stocked rifles. Are there advantages in them besides the" look cool" factor. Are they faster to get back on the bolt for competition shooting ie Highpower/CMP , More comfort in different positions?Or are they just mainly for bench and prone shooting?

Thanks,Tim

82nd airborne
10-02-2010, 05:25 PM
For me, they are easier to get a trigger pull that is near perfectly straight to the rear, which is important shooting at a distance. I grew up on traditional rifle stocks but was trained on vertical grips. To get a straighter pull on a traditional grip, I put my right thumb on the right side, pointing foreward, as aposed to wrapping it around the grip. This aligns the muscle and bone structure in my firing hand for a straighter pull. This is my experience, I may be the only one, but thats the way I see it.

montana_charlie
10-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I put my right thumb on the right side, pointing foreward, as aposed to wrapping it around the grip.
I do the same...

Cherokee
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I find it easier to control the rifle with a thumbhole stock. If you are talking about the vertical foregrip, I do not like them, just not natural to me.

82nd airborne
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
I do the same...

Theres a reason most thumb safties are on that side, and I'd guess that might be one.