PDA

View Full Version : cast success!!

x101airborne
10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, after several days of keeping the wife from taking a nap with my shooting in the back yard, I have met with success with my 240 gc Lee 44 mag bullets!!!
You guys helped me figue out what my Marlin rifle liked and last nite I put some hate and discontent in the lives of 3 hogs on my father's ranch. The bulets worked perfectly! Lots of damage, fair accuracy, bone crushing power. Perfect for short range hogs, wich is what i wanted this thing for!! I am so happy with the results, I couldnt wait to post here and thank everyone. A kinder bunch of gentlemen I havent found and i am proud to be a part of yall's world. Thanks again.

By the way, hog 1 - 180 lbs broadside shoulder shot.. bullet exited
hog 2 - 225 lbs broadside high ribs, 2 bullets 1 recovered under hide broken in .5 hog 3 - 145 lbs 1 shot center of neck, bullet exited

BBQ'ing next weekend, guess what's for dinner (hint: it aint cat!)

qajaq59
10-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Well done x101airborne. Eat a lot and enjoy.........

HeavyMetal
10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

hoosierlogger
10-02-2010, 01:05 PM
what no pictures? Some day I want to go pop some hogs. The way they are spreading, it wont be long before they are up here. That is just what we need.

x101airborne
10-02-2010, 06:35 PM
hoosierlogger........ hogs are not usually worthy of pics in my family. but im always willing to swap hunt for hunt.... no fee. like any other pest, but we dont eat coyote. keep me in mind. will be spring before we could hunt, deer season opened today!!!

hoosierlogger
10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
hoosierlogger........ hogs are not usually worthy of pics in my family. but im always willing to swap hunt for hunt.... no fee. like any other pest, but we dont eat coyote. keep me in mind. will be spring before we could hunt, deer season opened today!!!

LOL I understand. We dont have a hog problem here yet. Our deer season bow opener was Friday. It is deer season until Early Jan for us. Deer, rabbit, and squirrel are about the only thongs I hunt for any way. Thanks for the offer to swap hunts, but there isnt alot here to make it worth while for you to come here.

Echo
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Yo, Ed; I'm half Smith (mother's father, father's mother were Smiths), and everyone knows two Ed's are better than one (my given name is also Ed), so I may be contacting you regarding hog-shooting in the spring.