PDA

View Full Version : Battery terminal clamps

Wayne Smith
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Anyone know the composition of these? The packaging of the new ones says "lead and lead compounds known in California to cause cancer" for composition.

Any reason not to include them in the mix?

D.Mack
09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I use them if I get them, they are soft, so any large addition will be like adding pure lead, and will soften the final out come, but a few in a large batch win't be noticed. If there was any degree of hazardous metal in them I am sure it would be listed. DM

NVcurmudgeon
09-18-2006, 12:25 PM
From my wrenching days, I know clamps are softer than WW, but the average caster doesn't get hold of enough of them to really affect the composition of a pot of WW when ingotiizing. I just throw them in among a large lot of WW. If we are talking about the aftermarket clamps used to "save" a cable instead of replacing it, making boolits is the only good use for them. When used on a battery, they tend to increase resistance and invite corrosion.

Four Fingers of Death
09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
have you seen the terminals they sell to the 'doof doof boys?'

Gold plated ans veryyyyyyyyyy expensive, they want max power and max pretty. Mick.

Bigjohn
09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Mick, have you seen the gear they sell to the 'doof doof boys'; all plated with something and pretty lookin'.

have you seen the terminals they sell to the 'doof doof boys?'

Gold plated ans veryyyyyyyyyy expensive, they want max power and max pretty. Mick.

As for myself, I am still trying to work out how to play the "1812" in my car with REAL cannon. :kidding:

However, I have never seen enough of these clamps to worry about there composition.

John.

Bret4207
09-22-2006, 07:23 AM
FYI- The brass battery terminal clamps don't cast worth a snot!

Ed Barrett
09-22-2006, 09:30 AM
FYI- The brass battery terminal clamps don't cast worth a snot!

You could try to cast some of those all brass bullets that are all the rage for penetration.