PDA

View Full Version : Re RCBS lube sizer

pauly
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
G'day from Downunder . :razz:

G'day Guys , I am in the process of refurbishing a new to me RCBS lube a matic sizer .
Do any of you have a parts list / drawing for it that I can get a copy of ?
Specificaly I want to find out if there is an O ring or washer on the shaft between the body of the sizer and the sleeve that goe's down the shaft under the lube.
I have already replaced the 2 O rings on the pressure nut and I am about to re assemble it and I would like to get it right the first time .
Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to provide .

Regards Paul .:-P

utk
10-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes there is a fiber washer. Go to the RCBS site, I think they have a document for download with parts list and exploded diagrams of all their old and new products.
Otherwise, I can scan my instruction book for you.
If you email them they will probably send you a couple for free. Did so for me.

winelover
10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Which one do you have the Lam II or the older model with the ratchet handle? I can furnish the schematic for the LamII.

Winelover

fryboy
10-01-2010, 07:35 PM
hola pauly !
i'm gonna take a wild guess that u mean this one (it's fryday - i feel lucky lolz )

http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Lube-A-Matic_Instructions.pdf

utk
10-01-2010, 07:35 PM
He must have the older LAM (1) since he is asking if there are any washers down there.
LAM II has the lube screw all inside, and thus can't leak lube.

The pic in my book is slightly different. The "sleeve" (they call it "spacer") he is talking about is shown in my book but not on the RCBS one...
Anyway, the 1/2" fiber washer is no 27, order # 80098

Edit: I just checked the RCBS site and it has the correct picture of the LAM, it looks just like mine:
(but the "spacer" is mis-labeled):

http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/Parts_Book.pdf

(Further down is the LAM II, for comparison).

pauly
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
G'day from Downunder . :-D

G'day Guys , thank you to you all , I would have been in real trouble if I put it together without that washer :(

Kindest regards to you all Paul . :)

a.squibload
10-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks Fryboy, lost my instructions a long time ago.
Still need to get a 38 die, maybe, still need to slug bores.