PDA

View Full Version : Musical powder drop tube

Dick Dastardly
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I've posted this over on CAS City, but I thought it might be enjoyed here also. . .

Last weekend I was in the Twin cities where my Daughter and Son in Law were part of an Old West re-enactment event. On Sunday we went garage sailing. I found a nice long horn that's now my new powder drop tube. Photos attached.

The mouth piece makes a perfect fit for all brass from .22 Cal to .50 Cal. The big bell makes hitting the hole a cinch. The simple bracket holds it next to my press and the wood block holds the brass shell very nicely and holds the horn while switching brass. Works like a champ. Cost me Five Bux.

You just have to use your imagination to take advantage of these kinds of deals. . . . :smile:

DD-DLoS

littlejack
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Dick:
That is a very unique and nice lookin drop tube. You have a very ingenious imagination.
I made my drop tube from commenly used aluminum arrow shaft. I also epoxied a ladies shaver to the back of the frame upright. When dropping the powder charge in the case, it also gets vibrated. This works very well for me.
Jack

cajun shooter
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Dick, I see that it did the job and called the Dogs in. Later David

Hardcast416taylor
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I`m wondering if the dog is waiting for his turn to blow on the horn?Robert

Dick Dastardly
10-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Naw, he's being a music critic. He's been known to hit a sour note himself though.

BTW, the powder drop sure makes a better powder drop than it does a horn, in my hands. . .

DD-DLoS