PDA

View Full Version : Cramer sizer

Rick4570
09-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Several years ago I picked up a box of assorted bullet casting equipment at a pawn shop. This sizer was part of the haul. It looks very similar to the Saeco machine. It's mostly complete, has a sizing die installed, all handles and the clamp are there, it appears to just be missing a top punch. So, should I clean it up and put it to use? Are dies, top punches, and other parts available? Or would this be one of those things that might serve someone else better?
Regards, Rick

omgb
09-17-2006, 12:17 AM
If it's a Cramer, it's a SAECO as far as I know. Personally, unless you already have a plethora of dies, I'd clean it up and sell it on "you-know-where-bay" and then take the money and by an RCBS machine. The dies are cheaper, the top punches are more numerous and, IMHO, the design is more user friendly.

Bad Flynch
09-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Cramer was passed to Saeco-Cramer was passed to Saeco, was passed to Redding-Saeco. They are a fine machine; I own two.

Rick4570
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have a couple of Lyman sizers that get used alot. I always seem to think that restoring the old "treasures" I run across to be a worth-while endeaver. Seems thats not always the case. Probably try to find a new home for this one.
Regards, Rick